A reader told me about this this recipe for Baked Mexican chicken. I thought it sounded so easy and delicious that I went ahead and tried it out. Oh my! It was wonderful! Your chicken is coated in delicious crushed up tortilla chips. What is not to love?We have eaten this several times. In fact, we ate it again last night and the kids and husband couldn’t stop talking about it.
This Baked Mexican Chicken recipes is frugal!
I just love this recipe, because you are using stuff you would probably throw away anyway. Next time you have crumbs left in the tortilla chip bag, make this Baked Mexican Chicken. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- tortilla chips (crushed)
- shredded cheese
- jalapenos (optional)
- Slice Chicken lengthwise. This step is optional, but normally our chicken breasts are too thick.
- Pour salsa and crushed tortilla chips in separate shallow bowls
- Dip each breasts in salsa
- Then Dip in crushed tortilla chips
- Place on a cookie sheet. (I like to line mine with foil)
- Bake at 400 degrees, until chicken is done, (about 15 to 20 minutes)
- Then take it out top with cheese (more salsa and jalapenos if you want)
- Place back in the oven (just a few minutes) until cheese is melted.
- You could serve with sour cream and a few leafs of cilantro.
Oh my! Our kids gobble this up every time we make it!
I personally don’t think you need the extra salsa on the side, because this chicken is FULL of flavor. I was hoping to have left overs for lunch, but the kids ate it all!