Did you know that you can make Baked Potatoes in the Microwave?
Boy, oh boy… it is HOT outside. There really is no other way to describe the weather lately. However, that doesn’t mean that I still don’t have the craving for a fabulous baked potato. I know I do. 🙂
Don’t heat up your kitchen – make Baked Potatoes in the Microwave!
It takes no effort, you don’t have to heat up your kitchen, and you don’t have to wait over an hour for your potatoes to be done. All you need is potatoes, a paper towel, and a microwave to make delicious potatoes! By the way, my favorite place to buy Potatoes is Aldi. If you have an Aldi near you, then make sure you check out the deals this week to see which produce is on sale. If you don’t have an Aldi, don’t worry – potatoes are almost always on sale. 😉
- Russet Potatoes (you could buy baking potatoes for the bigger ones if you want)
- a microwave
- any toppings you want for you baked potatoes
- Wash potatoes thoroughly.
- Poke them with a fork a few times (this is optional, but make me feel better) 😉
- Place in the microwave - no container needed. I put them on a paper towel, but you don't have to.
- Cook on high for about 10 minutes.
- Flip each potato (careful it will be hot)
- Cook on high for another 10 minutes.
- They should feel soft to touch when they are done. 20 minutes was plenty with 4 big ones we had. You may need to increase or decrease time a little depending on how many potatoes you are cooking.
Don’t forget that you can also make “baked” potatoes in the crockpot – they are just as delicious and won’t heat up your kitchen too.
Speaking of baked potatoes, check out my post 10 Ways to use Leftover Baked Potatoes. Make extras tonight and use them to make other great dinners. 🙂