This Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe is the best.
These are the best tacos and they are so easy to make. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
I’m so excited to share with your the BEST crockpot Chicken tacos recipe that you can possibly imagine. No seriously… the best. My husband was very skeptical since I only threw three ingredients into the crockpot, but boy was he surprised. He kept going on and on with how delicious this dinner was.
To be honest, I was shocked too. We used this shredded chicken taco meat to make tacos, but you could eat it by itself, serve it over rice, use it to make quesadillas, or even in wonton wrappers. You could use this SAME recipe several different ways and have a different dinner. However, you are still using the same basic and delicious recipe.
You can use a taco seasoning packet for this recipe, but unless you get them for FREE with your coupons, you will save a lot more money by making your own taco seasoning. Go here to see my homemade taco seasoning recipe. It is very easy to make and you will know exactly everything in your seasoning.
Try our other delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of salsa (we used picante)
- 1 Tablespoons of Taco Seasoning (we used homemade)
- In a crockpot, place chicken breasts (frozen) in the bottom
- Sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Top with the salsa
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- Shred the chicken and serve with your favorite taco toppings
Even though you are using salsa in this crockpot chicken tacos recipe it is still very kid friendly. Our kids devoured it and said it was the best tacos they have had.
You can freeze this recipe!
This is a very easy freezer friendly recipe. Just toss the chicken breasts (uncooked) into a freezer bag. Then add the salsa and taco seaoning. Freeze completely. When you are ready to use, just place the entire ingredients from the bag into the crockpot. Add 1/4 cup of water, and cook about the same amount of time for an even easier dinner idea.
Now you can also cook this like normal and then freeze it. I like to freeze them in cupcake pans and once frozen pop them out and place in the freezer bag. Then you have an easy lunch idea and the chicken is frozen in individual servings.
I thought I would share how we fed our family of 6 for just around $5.
- We ate this Crockpot Chicken tacos recipe and it cost us about $3
- We used less than $1 worth of tortillas
- We used a half bag of salad which was $.99
- and then we had Spanish rice that was in the freezer that we heated in the microwave (cost us less than $.25 to make because I got the rice for FREE with my coupons)
Grand total was just $5 for the entire meal.
There really is no reason to run through the drive thru on a busy night now. Try this crockpot chicken tacos recipe on your next busy night.
More recipes for you to try:
- Homemade taco seasoning
- Crockpot Taco Salad
- Crockpot Taco Rice Soup – Turn your left over tacos into a second meal!
- Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe