I am so excited about this dinner! My family brain stormed some names because I wasn’t sure what to call this. We put ‘country’ at the beginning of the title since it has a lot of veges in it. I basically just threw into the skillet several items I had in the fridge or freezer. It smelled great while it was cooking, but I knew for sure it was a success when my husband asked if there was any more. 😉 I hope your family enjoys it, too!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 - 8 ounce cans tomato sauce (or 1 - 15 ounce can)
- 2 cups cooked black beans (mine were in the freezer - you can also use 1 can of beans)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ground meat and set aside (or pull precooked meat out of the freezer).
- In medium skillet, saute zucchini, pepper, garlic, and onions in olive oil until veges are tender (6-7 minutes).
- Sprinkle vegetable mixture with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Add tomato sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- To the skillet add your cooked ground meat, beans, corn, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. We served ours over rice and it was delicious!
**Note: My husband took this for lunch the next day, but we were out of rice. He ate it over crushed tortilla chips and topped it with some grated cheese. He said it was super yum! Well, those weren’t his exact words, but you get the idea. 😉
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.