You know I am always looking out for an easy and frugal weeknight meal. If you know me, you know we love crock pot pork chops. From our Crockpot Pork Chop Dinner with potatoes and carrots recipe to our Crockpot Italian Pork Chop Dinner, my family just simply loves crock pot pork chops. This recipe is no different.
Make sure you check out all our frugal crock pot recipes here.
Now you definitely need a crock pot for this recipe. There are some really good ones on sale right now. If you work all day, you may want to invest in a programmable crockpot. They are awesome because you can set them to start later, or to stop and switch to warm once the dinners are ready. Amazon has some on sale right now too.
Now if you want to save yourself even more time (don’t we all? 😉 ) then I really recommend these Crockpot liners. They make clean up a breeze. Instead of scrubbing and washing the pot, you can just toss the liner. It is practically no clean up.
- 2 lb Pork Chops
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Place pork chops in slow cooker. You can brown then first if you want, but I never do. I normally toss them in the crock pot frozen.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over pork in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- If you would like, you can make a a thicker sauce of 1 tablespoon of cornstarch amd ¼ cup water and whisk until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to some of the liquid from slow cooker and heat to boiling whisking until thickened.
Next time you want to enjoy delicious and super tender pork chops make sure you try this recipe!
Money Saving tip:
Save money on pork chops by buying a pork loin and cutting your own pork chops. Normally the price is much lower. Read more about it here. Then freeze them until you are ready to eat.