Reader, Kari, e-mailed me this nice recipe for Dirty Rice, and I just couldn’t wait to share. This recipe is easy and perfect for a weekend night – if you have your beef already browned and the veggies already chopped, you can save even more time in the kitchen.
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1TBSP. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground red pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 14.5 oz. can beef broth
- Cook ground beef,garlic cloves, celery, onion parsley and green pepper over medium heat until meat
- no longer pink.
- Stir in salt, red pepper, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce - stir well.
- Add rice, broth, ¾ cup water, stirring well. Bring to a boil, cover reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until rice tender.
- Serve with your favorite sides, like cornbread and a green vegetable!
Do you have a fabulous recipe to share?
E-mail me and you just might find it featured on Eating on a Dime!