These brownies are melt in your mouth delicious! As many of you know, I’m not the best baker in the world. I can cook up a mean dinner, but when it comes to baking, I’m more of a “follow directions on the box” kind of girl. 😉
This Homemade Brownie Recipe is frugal too!
However, brownie mixes are not on sale very often, so I had to come up with a more frugal way to enjoy brownies after dinner. I finally decided to make my own Homemade brownie recipe. I can make up a batch of these brownies for under $.50. If I get the ingredients on sale, this recipe is even cheaper!
The kids love them. Every time we have made them, they have been fabulous. This is your fail-proof brownie recipe.
- ½ cup butter melted (you can use ¼ cup of butter and it will still be yummy)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (you can use ¼ cup whole wheat and ¼ cup of regular flour)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan. (you can flour it too, but I don't)
- Stir sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in the melted butter. Beat in ⅓ cup cocoa, ½ cup flour, salt, and baking powder by hand.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting.
Now you can easily convert this recipe into a 9×13 pan – just double the recipe! Enjoy!