I’m so excited to share with you another EASY and delicious popsicle recipe – Homemade Dreamsicle Popsicles.
We bought some fun popsicles molds so we could start making some fun treats this summer, including these Homemade Dreamsicle popsicles. So far, we are having a blast – we have already made Rootbeer float popsicles and Watermelon popsicles. This Homemade dreamsicle popsicle recipe is so easy to make! You just have to try it.
You will need popsicle molds, but those are really inexpensive right now on Amazon. These are definitely worth the small investment.
Here are a few of my favorite molds:
- Ozera Ice Pop Molds Maker, Set of 6, Green – or these yellow ones – I love the star shapes of these!
- Ostart 8 Cell Frozen Ice Cream Pop Mold Popsicle Maker Lolly Mould Tray Pan Kitchen DIY – I like these because it has a tray and makes is easy to ONLY pull out one or two Popsicles.
- Norpro 431 4-Piece Silicone Ice Pop Maker Set on sale right now. These are great because you can toss them in the freezer easily.
Find all the popsicle molds that are on sale right now here.
You only need two ingredients and a mold to make.
- Ice cream
- Orange Soda
- Popsicle molds
In your popsicle molds you will layer the soda and the ice cream. I started with the soda and just poured in a tiny bit. Then spooned in the ice cream. Then added soda. Then ice cream…. I think you get the point. 🙂
Get the kids involved. They loved doing this part. It is ok to make a mess… they will still taste amazing!
Continue doing this until they are filled to the top. They will foam, so make sure you let them settle so your popscicle will be completely full. Once you are finished at the tops and place in the freezer.
I recommend freezing them over night – however we were able to eat them after a few hours. We just couldn’t wait any longer. 🙂 Run under warm water slightly and the popsicles will loosen quickly, allowing you to pull then out of their molds easily.
- Orange soda
- vanilla ice cream
- popscile molds
- Layer the ice cream and the soda in the popsicle molds. Start with the soda.
- Fill all the way to the top.
- It will fizz so allow it to settle so the Popsicles are full.
- Freeze over night until solid.
- Run under warm water slightly to allow them to slide out of the molds easily.
Make sure you try out our other popsicle recipes:
Find all our delicious and frugal desserts here.