School is just around the corner, which means our schedule is about to get crazy…. I mean crazy. This homemade flatbread pizza recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner idea. Our entire family loves it because they get to make their own pizza. Mom and dad love homemade flatbread pizza because we make it with whole wheat flatbreads. The kids don’t realize they are actually eating something kind of healthy. 🙂
This recipe is actually very frugal friendly. Since we make our homemade pizza sauce, and we buy the flatbreads at our local grocery store for about $3, we can make our entire family pizza for under $6…. that is just $1 per person for my family of 6. Woohoo! Serve it with a salad for a complete dinner.
We found the flatbread in our bakery section near the fresh cut deli. They are prepacked and are easy to use. Plus, if you buy the whole wheat ones, this dinner is even healthier.
This homemade flatbread pizza recipe perfect for lunches too.
We often make extras or save the left overs and put them in the kids school lunches. They just love them!
- Premade flatbreads (one per person)
- Homemade pizza sauce (see post for link) (2 TBS per pizza)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup per pizza)
- Pizza toppings (pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (2 TBS per pizza)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place Flatbreads on a cookie sheet or pizza stone.
- Place two tablespoons of pizza sauce on each pizza.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Top with favorite pizza toppings.
- Top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until cheese melts and flatbread starts to brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
These are freezer friendly.
Make this flatbread pizza as directed. However, only cook for about 5 minutes, just enough to melt the cheese some. Then allow to cool completely. Freeze and wrap in wrap. Then you have your own mini frozen pizzas for much less. Then when you want to cook your pizza, cook as directed straight from the freezer.
More Pizza recipes: