Can you really make hard-boiled eggs in your oven?
The answer is YES!
It’s almost Easter and that means it’s time to boil LOT of eggs for dying, hiding and deviling! Even if it wasn’t Easter, my kids love hard boiled eggs, but I hate the smell that it creates.
PLUS, boiling eggs can be such a pain! I always end up breaking a few by accidentally breaking them when I add them to the pot. Well… it just got easier!
Did you know you can make perfect “hard boiled” eggs in your oven with very little effort?
All you need is a muffin pan (I used a mini muffin pan so I could cook more at once – here is the mini muffin pan that I use all the time), but you could use a regular muffin pan to. Then you need eggs, water, and an oven. That is it!!
- You will need an oven and a muffin pan too
- a bowl of ice water
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Place eggs (as many as you want!) in a muffin pan (or mini-muffin pan) to prevent them from rolling around.
- Cook for 30 minutes and then take eggs out of oven.
- Immediately place eggs into a bowl of ice water and leave for 10 minutes.
- Peel away the shell and Enjoy!
Do you know what the best part is?
The best part of it all…The egg shell comes off a lot easier than it does with the traditional boiling method and the smell is much better! Now you can make more eggs at once without the fuss. It is a win-win!
Easter is just around the corner! Time to get “baking”.