I have another delicious muffin recipe for you to try! If you loved our Double Chocolate muffins, then you will love this recipe. These Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins are not too heavy for the morning, but they are full of flavor and have just the right amount of sweetness.
Do you want to know what’s even better? You probably have all of the ingredients you need sitting in your pantry (and fridge).
Try these Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins and I am confident you will love that. Take them to work or school and people may be impressed by your baking prowess! 😉
Don’t forget to order some of these silicone baking cups. They really do great at baking muffins (and cupcakes) and will save you so much money in the long run.
I love making muffins at home, because they are a nice money saver. Muffins in the store are EXPENSIVE and they just don’t taste as great as homemade. If you want to really save on time, make a lot and then freeze them. That way you can just pull out the amount you need. I thaw and heat them up in the microwave in just a minute.
- 1½ cup oats (I used quick oats)
- 1¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (I used canola)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Streusel Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (NOT softened)
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make streusel topping first: mix oats, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Once combined, cut in butter. I use 2 butter knives and literally "cut" the butter into the mixture. When you are done your streusel should resemble small crumbles.
- For the muffins, mix together dry ingredients: oats through salt.
- Slowly mix in applesauce, milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Use a large baking scoop to fill prepared muffin cups ¾ full.
- Spring a generous amount of streusel on the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
I was pleasantly surprised at how well these Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins turned out. I am not much of a muffin person, but I really like these. The rest of my family loved them, too! To make baking easier, I always use baking scoops. I love these! I use the largest baking scoop for muffins and cupcakes. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to try out some of our other muffins: