I am always on the lookouts for chicken marinades. With summer right around the corner, the grill will get used much more often, but this one will be great in the oven too! It won’t seem like it, since the ingredients are so easy but this taco chicken marinade will surprise you.
Now you can use store bought taco seasoning, but unless you get it on sale with a coupon, you are paying too much. I highly recommend making your own homemade taco seasoning. Our homemade recipe is awesome and easy to throw together! Plus it is a nice money saver. Making your own taco seasoning will save you 50% or more than those seasoning packets.
My kids gobbled up the chicken. I was hoping to have extra for lunch, but they all had seconds. At first they asked for ketchup. We told them they needed to taste it first. After one bite, they said the chicken was so good it didn’t need ketchup. Coming from little kids… that is a compliment! 😉
You just have to try this recipe! I don’t think you will be disappointed! We grilled this recipe, and it is wonderful. However, we have thrown it all the crock pot and we love it that way too!
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup oil (vegetable or olive oil will work)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ packet of taco seasoning (or two tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning)
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl. Wisk together until combined.
- Pour over the chicken and marinate atleast 30 minutes (or longer if you want).
- Grill, bake, or broil. This marinade is delicious!
- **This marinade will be enough for 3 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts. I am thinking this would also taste awesome on pork!
Since we are talking about marinades and grilling make sure you check out these other delicious recipes: