Mmmm… Pumpkin Pancakes! I have to tell you these are some of the most decadent pancakes I have ever had. My kids were thinking these were more like dessert than breakfast. They aren’t too sweet or anything, they are just plain delicious. You are going to love this pumpkin pancakes recipe.
Do you want to know what’s even better? They are super easy to make! I simply added a few pumpkin-y ingredients to our regular homemade pancake mix and walla! Delicious and easy pumpkin pancakes!
You can make this recipe whether you use a store bought pancake mix or make your own. If you are using a box mix, may I suggest my homemade pancake mix?
Before you shake your head and tell me you already have a favorite mix (I used to buy the expensive and tasty boxed biscuit/pancake/waffle mix), try this recipe. It makes perfect pancakes (and waffles) every time. It is the ONLY mix I use.
Another little tip I want to give you that makes pancake making a breeze is to use a griddle.
I use a cast iron griddle like this one. It fits over two burners and lets me make several pancakes at once. I like it because it doesn’t take up any more room on my counter like an electric griddle will. Plus it stores easily in my pantry.
With the small army I feed every day, this griddle makes my life just a little bit easier. I also use a large baking scoop to pour my pancake batter.
This allows me to use just the right amount of batter every time for the perfect size pancakes for my kiddos.
Are you ready for the recipe? I hope you’ll love these pumpkin pancakes as much as we did!
The ingredients are simple:
- 3 cups homemade baking mix
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-15 oz can pure pumpkin – Make sure you also see how to make pumpkin puree easily to save you money.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
I told you the ingredients were easy.
Easy to make Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe:
- 3 cups homemade baking mix (or your favorite mix)
- 2½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-15 oz can pure pumpkin - See how to make pumpkin puree.
- 2½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat griddle over low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Follow the directions on your pancake mix using 3 cups of dry mix (my homemade recipe calls for 2½ cups milk and 2 eggs).
- Add pumpkin (You can also easily make homemade canned pumpkin too), mixing slowly until well combined.
- Add spices and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto hot griddle. Make pancakes as usual.
These pumpkin pancakes really are delicious. My entire family devoured them. My youngest little one (he’s only 5) said these were the best pancakes I’ve ever made! That is a win in my book. Give these pancakes a try. I can’t wait to hear what you think of them.
Did you know that you can freeze pancakes and reheat them easily for quick breakfast ideas? Yes you can! Make sure you read my post on how to freeze pancakes and waffles.