After I tried my first version of Skinny Cupcakes with Sprite zero, I just had to try a chocolate version. I mean – I am a woman, so I have to have chocolate, even if I am trying to drop a few pounds. Sprite zero mixed in with chocolate just plain seemed weird so for my Skinny Chocolate cupcake recipe I used a Diet coke.
These Skinny Chocolate Cupcakes are a winner!
The kids, the husband and even me didn’t want to eat just one. Instead of having over 200 calories like a normal cupcake, this baby only has 80 calories in it! Can you really go wrong?
You just need 2 ingredients!
- Can of Diet Coke
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
Just like in my first version of the skinny cupcake, when you pour in the soda with the cake mix, it will fizz. Don’t let that freak you out.
Just continue to mix and you will see – it looks just like a regular cake mix, ready to bake some cupcakes.
Pour into your your cupcake pan. I used liners just like you would for a normal cupcakes. My batter filled 20 full cupcakes. After doing the math…..
An entire batch of these cupcakes is 1600 calories. However, I made 20 cupcakes so they are only 80 calories each! Woohoo! Of course, if you made 24 cupcakes, they would only be 66 calories each. However, I’d rather tack on a few extra calories for a bigger cupcake. 😉
Make sure you try some of our delicious cupcakes. I know you will find more your family will love.
This is a delicious treat for under 100 calories.
- 1 chocolate cake mix (any kind)
- 1 can of diet coke
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the can of diet coke and the cupcake in a bowl. Stir to combine
- Pour in the cupcake liners to make 20 cupcakes.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve as it is or top with a little bit of powdered sugar so they look cute!