This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy this Easy Fried Rice Recipe in less than 10 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknights. Make this in less time than it takes to get take out and you will save money too.
Easy Fried Rice Recipe:
Learn how to make this delicious fried rice recipe in just minutes. Your family can enjoy authentic fried rice with very little work. Our entire family loves fried rice but take out gets expensive especially for a large family like ours.
Now, you can make this fried rice so fast that it is quicker than take out. This is a game changer and your family will go crazy over this rice. This classic recipe taste amazing and perfect to use day-old rice.
My favorite thing about this recipe is it can be customized to what you have on hand. This is a great recipe.
Another delicious rice side dish is Dirty Rice Recipe.
Skip Take Out!
It is so quick and easy and everyone will love it. You will love how easy clean up is and the entire recipe is super easy. If you love to get Chinese take out as much as we do, give this recipe a try. Not only will you save money but time as well.
Since we have been making this recipe, no one even asks to get take out anymore. It is that good and everyone really enjoys it.
I think your family will love it too.
Budget Friendly Fried Rice:
Not only is this recipe tasty but it is budget friendly too. Rice is so inexpensive and helps to stretch other more expensive ingredients you might add.
This is a basic fried rice recipe but you can easily add meat if you prefer. You can easily feed a crowd or large family on a budget with this recipe.
The flavor is amazing and each bite is loaded with amazing ingredients.
Ingredients for Fried Rice:
- Sesame Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Cooked Rice
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Frozen Peas and Diced Carrots Blend
How to Make Fried Rice:
- Step 1 – Cook Vegetables – Grab a large skillet and pan fry the veggies in the oil until soft over high heat. Push the vegetable mixture to the side of the skillet.
- Step 2 – Scramble Eggs – Add the eggs and scramble eggs.
- Step 3 – Stir in Rice – Now it is time to stir in the rice, soy sauce and other seasonings.
- Step 4 – Combine and enjoy – Stir rice and veggie together really well and cook until the rice is heated through.
We like to top with sliced green onion but that is optional. This recipe is the best stir fry dinner.
What is the Secret to Fried Rice?
For the best tasting rice, it is important to use leftover rice. We recommend cooking the rice the night before. Then combining with the other ingredients.
If using rice that is fresh it can become clumpy and may not combine as well. This is also a great way to use leftover shredded chicken or shredded pork.
Can you Freeze Fried Rice:
Yes, you can. This is the perfect meal to freeze and have on hand for an easy side dish or meal. Just simply put in a freeze safe container and store in the freeze.
Once we are ready to serve, thaw and reheat until warm on your stove.
What to Serve with Fried Rice?
You can serve fried rice as the main meal or as a side to some of your favorite Chinese inspired meals. Try some of our favorites:
- Egg Drop Soup
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Egg Rolls
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
Can you reheat Fried Rice:
Yes, you can. If we have a lot of leftover rice, I will put it back in my sauce pan and reheat. This ensure that the rice is heated thoroughly.
If you are just reheating a small portion, I put it in a Microwave Safe Dish and reheat in the microwave.
How long does Fried Rice last?
As long as it is in an airtight container, your Fried Rice will last about 5-7 days in the refrigerator. If I am not freezing it, I will put it in individual containers. My husband loves taking the leftovers to work each day.
Fried Rice is so good leftover.
Tips for making Fried Rice:
- Tips for Freezing Rice – You can make this recipe even easier by learning how to freeze rice. I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning. When we come home it is all ready to enjoy.
- Add in Vegetables – Sometimes we also add onion and peppers to the fried rice. One of our favorite time saving tips is to use a small food chopper or food processor. This allows you to quickly and easily chop onions. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them.
- Use Cold Rice – It is best to use cold rice. We plan ahead and when we have this recipe on the menu for the week. I make a batch of rice and place in the refrigerator. This makes this recipe even easier as you already have the rice prepared.
- Cooked Rice – If you prepare your rice the day of cooking, simply put the cooked rice on a baking sheet. Then cover and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
What type of rice is used for fried rice?
Typically white rice but you can use brown rice if you prefer. We are big fans of using what we have on hand or can get on sale at the grocery store.
Rice really comes together for the best meal and takes on a variety of flavors. It is an amazing way to feed your family for less while still enjoying the best food.
Here is some other options:
- Jasmine Rice
- Basmati Rice
- Long Grain Rice
Easy Fried Rice Variations:
When making this homemade fried rice recipes the options are endless on what can be added to this recipe. Here are some of our favorites:
- One Pot Meal – Try making Chicken Fried Rice for a really delicious and easy one pot meal. This is a great way to use leftover chicken that you might have. We love to add in oyster sauce or hot sauce for added flavor.
- Add in Pork – Use your leftover pork for an amazing pork fried rice.
- Add in Steak – Steak or Ground Beef sauté in makes this recipe so good.
- Try Shrimp – We have even added in some Shrimp. This is my sisters favorite way to eat fried rice.
- Vegetables – If I have some vegetables that are about to go bad. I toss them in to get in some extra vegetables. My kids do not even know the difference.
- Vegetable Fried Rice – We love to make vegetable fried rice. You can even add in broccoli, corn or green beans.
- Skillet – You can cook this fried rice in a regular skillet. But you can also prepare in a wok over medium-high heat.
- For another easy recipe, try this delicious 15-Minute Parmesan Couscous recipe today.
How to Store Leftovers:
If you have leftovers store them in an air tight container and place in the fridge. They will stay good for up to 3 to 4 days and can easily be reheated in the microwave.
The Best Fried Rice Recipe:
This is my favorite fried rice recipe. Skip takeout tonight and make these delicious fried rice recipe at home. Add in bell pepper, cloves garlic and more to make this fried rice recipe your own.
Feel free to add in chicken, shrimp, or steak for an easy one pot meal. Fried rice ingredients can easily be changed to what you have and a great way to use leftover rice.
This Easy Fried Rice recipe is even better than your local Chinese restaurant recipe.
Print this Easy Fried Rice recipe below:
Easy Fried Rice Recipe
- In a large skillet, pan fry the carrots and the peas in the skillet with the sesame oil and vegetable oil for about 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Slide the vegetables to the side and pour in the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Then stir in the rice, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Stir for a few minutes until rice is heated through and sauce is mixed through.
- Top with sliced green onions.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe