This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to make Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts that is full of flavor and easy to make. Simple seasonings make this perfect chicken breasts recipe.
I am an expert when it comes to cooking easy crockpot recipes. Being a mom of 8 I try to find recipes that I can cook once and use again for other recipes.
This recipe is perfect to shred the tender chicken and top it on your favorite salads, chicken salad sandwiches, or to serve with your favorite vegetables. We even use this slow cooker recipe to meal prep with.
Table of Contents
- Can I Use Other Cuts of Chicken?
- Variations Ideas:
- Step by Step Instructions:
- How Long to Slow Cook Chicken Breast:
- Serving Suggestions:
- Crock Pot Chicken Breast Recipe Tips:
- How to Shred Cook Chicken:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts Recipe
Can I Use Other Cuts of Chicken?
We love cooking boneless skinless chicken breast in the slow cooker. But you can also use boneless chicken thighs. If you decide to cook bone-in chicken then you may need to adjust your cooking time.
Always use a meat thermometer to make sure you chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Learn step by step instructions on how long to cook chicken breast in a crock pot so that it stays moist and delicious. Cooking chicken breasts in the slow cooker allows you to use it for many different recipes and is super easy.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
For the full recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post to see the recipe card.
- Change Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. You can season with taco seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and more. We have even added in fresh herbs such as basil, thyme and rosemary.
- Change Chicken – You can also use this seasoning to cook chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Pour Chicken Broth – Pour the chicken broth in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Step 2 – Add Chicken Breast – Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Step 3 – Top with Oil – Drizzle the olive oil on the chicken breast. Use a basting brush to rub the oil onto the chicken breasts.
- Step 4 – Combine Seasonings – Mix together the seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle it onto the chicken and rub into the chicken breasts with the basting brush.
- Step 5 – Cover and Cook – Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Step 6 – Shred and enjoy – Remove from the crock pot and then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy. Season the tender and juicy chicken with salt and pepper and serve.
How Long to Slow Cook Chicken Breast:
Cooking crockpot shredded chicken cooks on low for about 4 hours and on high for 2 hours. Cooking time may vary if your chicken is thaw or if you are cooking frozen chicken.
Make sure to use a instant read thermometer to ensure chicken is cooked before removing from the slow cooker.
This shredded chicken can be used for many different recipes. After cooking the chicken, shred it for one of these family favorite recipes. This chicken is also serve as it is with your favorite side dishes.
- Chicken Enchiladas – White Chicken Enchiladas is loaded with shredded chicken and rolled in a flour tortilla. Then topped with creamy white sauce for delicious flavor. We even have used it to make Chicken Tacos.
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese – Mix this shredded chicken with buffalo sauce to create the ultimate grilled cheese.
- Chicken Caesar Wrap – Use the shredded chicken to make a delicious chicken Caesar wrap. Makes it delicious a great quick lunch or a light dinner.
Crock Pot Chicken Breast Recipe Tips:
- Chicken Broth – We love to cook this chicken in low-sodium chicken broth. It adds flavor to the chicken and keeps the chicken moist.
- Season Chicken – Season the chicken with the olive oil and seasoning. Make sure to baste all the chicken breast for the best flavor.
- Meat Thermometer – Before removing the chicken from the slow cooker, make sure to check internal temperature. Use a meat thermometer as it should 165 degrees when chicken is cooked through.
How to Shred Cook Chicken:
Once your chicken is cooked, then it is ready to be shredded for many different recipes. You can easily shred the chicken with forks or use these tips to shred with a hand mixer.
This helps to save time by shredding the chicken with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can easily reheat the leftover in a microwave to use in many different recipes.
We like to store in the refrigerator in individual containers to enjoy for lunch.
After cooking the chicken, allow it to cool to room temperature. Then it is ready to be store in freezer safe containers. Freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months.
When ready to use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Southwest Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave a comment or a star review if you try this Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts
- Pour the chicken broth in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the chicken breast and use a basting brush to rub the oil onto the chicken breasts.
- Mix together the seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle it onto the chicken and rub into the chicken breasts with the basting brush.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the crock pot and then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe