Enjoy Taco Lasagna Recipe any night of the week for a meal full of cheesy and delicious layers. Lots of ground beef, salsa and more blend for an amazing Mexican style lasagna.
Taco Lasagna Recipe
We had leftover taco meat one night and I decided to turn it into this Taco Lasagna Recipe. It was such a hit that it is now on our permanent menu plan rotation.
It is so incredibly easy and perfect for busy weeknights. This is also a great meal if you need to take dinner to a friend or neighbor.
This is really the perfect way to use tortilla shells, taco meat and leftovers from taco night. The kids think they are eating an entirely new meal. It is a win for sure and we all love it.
Let’s make this easy taco lasagna!
Taco lasagna ingredients:
- ground beef
- red onion
- taco seasoning (We like this Homemade Taco seasoning.)
- red enchilada sauce
- cream cheese
- flour tortillas
- sharp cheddar cheese
How to make taco lasagna:
First, preheat oven.
In a large skillet, brown the beef and drain any remaining grease.
Stir in the red onion and cook over medium heat.
Stir in the salsa, taco seasoning, the red enchilada sauce, and then the cream cheese.
I cut up the cream cheese so it melts faster. Stir until melted.
Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray. Place ⅓ of the tortillas at the bottom of the pan.
Spoon ⅓ of the beef mixture on top.
Then continue layering until the tortillas and the beef mixture is gone.
You will finish with the beef on top. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top for the last layer.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
Cut and serve with your favorite toppings.
Taco lasagna topping ideas:
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- green onions
What to serve with taco lasagna?
We also love this Easy Spanish Rice Recipe and this Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice . Yum! I like to keep rice in the freezer and just grab it for busy nights.
Another tasty side idea includes Crock Pot Refried Beans. So good!
More tips for Mexican taco lasagna:
Ground turkey would be great in this. Feel free to use what you have in the freezer.
Want to stretch your meat? Use only 1 lb of ground beef and add in a can of refried beans, or black beans. Add that into the skillet before the cream cheese.
Don’t like Flour tortillas, you can also use corn for a great gluten free option.
We have even used lasagna noodles in place of the tortillas.
Need it lower carb? I made it with low carb tortillas and it still worked great! As you can see, this meal is very versatile.
Sometimes I just use what we have or what is on sale. It always turns out great and the family loves it.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished.
I’m always looking for delicious meals everyone will enjoy that are budget friendly. This recipe is definitely a winner.
Once I find a meal everyone loves and it is frugal friendly, I keep it on the regular menu plan rotation!
In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable and my family well fed and happy.
Easy dinners like this are always a hit.
Time Saving Tip:
This recipe like many calls for diced onions. Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the onions.
If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine if you have children that are picky.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
Learn and how to freeze onions and also how to freeze peppers to save so much time in the kitchen!
Try this easy beef taco lasagna today.
It is absolutely delicious. Mexican Lasagnas are so tasty and really simple to put together. Give it a try!
Print this taco lasagna recipe below:
Taco Lasagna Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can red enchilada sauce 10 oz
- 1 package cream cheese 8 oz
- 10-12 regular sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and drain any remaining grease.
- Stir in the red onion and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the salsa, taco seasoning, the red enchilada sauce, and then the cream cheese.
- I cut up the cream cheese so it melts faster.
- Stir until melted.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Place ⅓ of the tortillas at the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon ⅓ of the beef mixture on top.
- Then continue layering until the tortillas and the beef mixture is gone.
- You will finish with the beef on top.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut and serve with your favorite toppings.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy casserole recipes:
- Easy Nacho Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Creamy Roasted Red Peppers Chicken Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Easy Chicken Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe
- Delicious Jalapeño Poppers Corn Casserole recipe
- Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
- Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef Enchilada Casserole
Recipe never indicates when to add the taco seasoning.
When do you add the taco seasoning? Recipe doesn’t say when.
I have corrected the recipe. I mix in the taco seasoning when I stir in the enchilada sauce. Thank you!