Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
Get dinner on the table fast with this Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe. The tender chicken and cheesy rice make an amazing meal your family will love.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz can)
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
Place the chicken, garlic, salt, pepper, onion, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and brown rice in the crock pot. Stir to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
Cover and cook on high for 3.5-4 hours until the rice has absorbed all the chicken broth in the crock pot.
Stir in the shredded cheese. Cover and allow the heat from the meal to melt the cheese (5-7 minutes).
Serve warm and enjoy!
- I recommend brown rice for this recipe instead of white rice as it's more hearty and able to handle the longer cook time from the crock pot. I do not recommend white rice for this recipe as it will likely turn too mushy.
- If the mixture is too thick, gradually stir in more chicken broth at the end of the cook time until the meal is the consistency that you prefer (1/4 cup at a time).
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1455mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 486IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 2mg