Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
Try Turkey Sweet Potato Chili for a new and delicious twist on the traditional chili recipe. The flavor is amazing in this healthy turkey chili recipe.
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can rotel 10 oz
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 15 oz
- 2 cans 8 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh jalapeno seeded and diced (optional)
- fresh cilantro to top - optional
In a large pot brown the ground turkey, breaking it up.
When meat is browned, add in the onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
Stir in the rotel, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, seasonings, and sweet potatoes.
Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
Remove the bay leaf and serve with fresh jalapenos and fresh cilantro.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1349mg | Potassium: 1588mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7665IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 6mg