Make 4th of July fruit kabobs for a festive treat that is healthy and delicious. Red white and blue fruit kabobs will be the star of your 4th of July cookout and everyone will love the blueberries, strawberries and bananas.
4th of July fruit kabobs
I am so excited to share this fun, healthy and easy recipe with you – 4th of July Fruit Kabobs! My kids LOVE fruit, so they are excited any time we have fruit as a side during a barbecue. If you are looking for a great side dish or dessert that will help you celebrate the 4th of July, you need to make these 4th of July Fruit Kabobs.
They are so fun to make and really delicious to eat. Layers of fruit make this a tasty dish to serve. We love to make these for Memorial Day and July 4th or anything we need something patriotic.
Make sure you have a rectangle platter to make the flag shape. If you don’t have one, the dollar store normally has a good selection of plastic ones that are perfect for cookouts. However, if you look around your house, I bet you will be surprised what you already have!
- strawberries – raspberries also work for the red fruit.
- bananas – you can also substitute marshmallows for the white. Angel food cake or pound cake also make great ideas. Just cut into cubes.
- package of wooden skewers. You can find them at your local grocery store and even on Amazon.
As you can see, it is easy to substitute items for what you have on hand or prefer. Sometimes, what I use depends on what is on sale that week!
How to make American flag fruit kabobs
- For the first few kabobs, I add blueberries to the top of the skewer to look like the blue part of our American flag. I alternated the white and red fruits to simulate the stripes on the flag. I was not at all worried about accuracy here, I was just going for the basic look of the flag.
- Once you get to the other side of the “flag”, you don’t need to add blueberries since you don’t need stars on that side. Just alternate strawberries and bananas toward the end.
How do you keep fruit kabobs cold?
Put the platter directly on ice. Just sit the fruit tray right on top.
We do this for a lot of cookouts and it is perfect for keeping the kabobs cold.
How do you keep the bananas from turning brown?
After I cut the bananas into slices, I then toss them in a bowl with some lemon juice. This will help stop the browning. Then I assemble the fruit kabobs.
It is that easy to make 4th of July fruit kabobs!
Grab some fresh fruit and make these 4th of July Fruit Kabobs at this year’s Independence Day celebration! They kids thought they were super cute and tasty too!
You can display these 4th of July Fruit Kabobs any way you like, but since I was going for the look of the American flag, I used one of my rectangular platters similar to this.
Enjoy fruit kabobs year round.
Kids and adults love this easy recipe. Fresh fruit is always a hit. Once you make patriotic fruit kabobs, you will want to make them every fourth of July!
I would love to see your pictures if you make these fun fruit kabobs!
Make sure you also try our fun and festive Red, White, and Blue layered (kid friendly) drink.
Print the recipe for red white and blue fruit kabobs:
4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- 1 Pint Strawberries
- 5 Bananas
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- 1 pkg wooden skewers
- For the first 4 skewers, thread 4-5 blueberries at the top, then follow with slices of bananas and strawberries.
- For the next skewers, alternate between strawberries and bananas only.
- Display on a white rectangular platter in the shape of an American flag.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy 4th of July ideas:
- 4th of July poke Cake Recipe
- American Flag Charcuterie Board
- 4th of July Candy Charcuterie Board
- Red white and blue crinkle cake mix cookies
- Red White and Blue Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Easy Bomb Brownie Bites
- The Best Red White and Blue Cake to Impress!
- Also see The Best Memorial Day Food Ideas or 4th of July Side Dishes