This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Creamy, delicious and easy to make this Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad is the perfect recipe for all your patriotic plans.
Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad Recipe:
This Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Salad Recipe is the best dessert to make for all your Memorial Day or July 4th parties. It is creamy, delicious and easy to make. The ingredients are easy and can be changed to what you have on hand.
This fresh fruit salad is perfect for all your summer plan BBQs also. It is eye pleasing and everyone always enjoys how light and refreshing it is.
Combining the softened cream cheese with fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries makes a crowd pleasing dessert.
What is Cheesecake Salad?
Cheesecake Salad is not your normal salad. There is no baking involved and there is nothing green about it. We call it cheesecake salad because of the cream cheese that is mixed with the fruit. No need to add in a baked cheesecake.
All the ingredients are mixed together to make a creamy, rich dessert.
- Cream Cheese – softened at room temperature
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Topping – Cool Whip
- Strawberries, sliced
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Raspberries
- Mini Marshmallows
How to make Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad:
- Combine Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar – Beat the cream cheese with a hand held mixer until smooth and creamy. Then add in the powdered sugar and mix until well combined in a large bowl.
- Stir in whip cream – Then gently stir in the whipped topping by hand with cream cheese mixture.
- Mix in Fruit and Marshmallows – Then gently fold in the fresh berries and marshmallows in the creamy cheesecake mixture. Be careful not to smash the fruit and do not over mix.
- Refrigerate – Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve cold and enjoy.
4th of July Cheesecake Salad Tips:
- Wash and Clean Fruit – When preparing to make this salad, make sure you wash and clean your fruit thoroughly. We also like to cut the fruit for ease of mixing and eating.
- Get Fresh Fruit – When picking out your fruit to mix in with your salad, make sure it is fresh and ripe. Cut off any rough or bruised areas on the strawberries.
- Make it in advance – This cheesecake salad can be made in advance. However, I recommend waiting to stir the fruit and marshmallows in until you are ready to serve.
- Mixing Ingredients – Be careful not to smash the fruit and do not over mix.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before trying to mix in the other ingredients.
- Healthier Option – You can use reduce fat cream cheese as well as sugar free cool whip to cut down on the calories.
Cheesecake Salad Variations:
- Use Different Fruits – You can use different fruits such as blackberries or raspberries to keep the blue and red theme. But you can also toss together pineapple, mango, oranges and grapes.
- Cream Option – Instead of using cream cheese, you can use strawberry yogurt. Then mix in cheesecake jello pudding to get that cheesecake flavor.
- Bananas – You can mix in bananas instead of marshmallows or in addition to the salad.
- Vanilla Extract – To add some additional flavor, you can mix in some vanilla extract.
Cheesecake Salad Toppings:
- Chopped Nuts – Top the cheesecake salad with chopped nuts.
- Drizzle with Honey – Drizzle the salad with honey or chocolate syrup.
Can I use Frozen Berries?
We do not recommend using frozen strawberries or frozen blueberries when making this Cheesecake Salad. We only recommend using fresh fruit.
If you use frozen berries, the berries will thaw out and will make the salad watery and mushy.
How to Store:
Cheesecake Salad needs to be refrigerated. We prefer to serve it cold. It can be safely served at room temperature for up to 2 hours. If you plan on making it ahead, leave out the fruit and add right before serving.
This will keep the salad from being mushing. Make sure to refrigerate the leftovers covered for up to 3 days.
We do not recommend freezing this Cheesecake Salad.
Why we love Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad:
- Easy Ingredients – Simple and Easy ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store.
- Patriotic Dessert – We love celebrating with friends and family for Memorial Day and July 4th holidays. We challenge every one to bring a red white and blue dessert.
- Can Be Modified – We love that we change this dessert to what we have on hand or our diet specification.
Print Recipe here for Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad:
Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 container Whipped Topping 8 oz (Cool Whip)
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows
- Beat the cream cheese with a hand held mixer until smooth and creamy. Then add in the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Then gently stir in the whipped topping by hand.
- Then gently fold in the fruit and marshmallows. Be careful not to smash the fruit and do not over mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Red White and Blue Ideas:
- How to Make Red White and Blue Jello
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad
- Red White & Blue Charcuterie Board