Red white and blue jello treats are so fun and festive. Plus, they are really easy to make. Everyone will love this patriotic recipe.
Red white and blue jello
I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE how these red, white and blue jello treats turned out! I wanted a fun tasty treat for 4th of July, but I wasn’t sure exactly how these would come out.
I am happy to report that these red, white and blue jello treats were so easy to make AND they were good. I barely had enough time to take a picture of these because my kids ate them up so quickly.
If you are looking for a fun treat that’s not too sweet, then you have to try these patriotic treats! If you are looking for different colors to match a party you are having, just change up the flavor jello you use.
These are easy to make for any occasion. They are also perfect for Memorial day. See 97 of The Best Memorial Day Food Ideas.
What do you put layered jello in?
I used cute stemmed cups I found at Dollar Tree. If you need more than a handful or cannot find cups like this at your local dollar store, you can find cute stemmed cups on Amazon.
You can use regular clear plastic cups, but I just love the look of the stemmed cups. 😉
What is white gelatin made of?
I’ve seen these cute firecracker treats all over pinterest, but they used milk in the middle to make the white. However, that didn’t sound very tasty to me as sweetened condensed milk can be very heavy.
What is the white layer?
Instead, we used cool whip! Everyone loves cool whip with their jello so it makes the perfect middle white stripe.
Everyone loved it and I think the cool whip is much better than milk. You get a bite of jello and milk in each spoonful making this so delicious!
What do you need for 4th of july jello:
- Cherry Jello (or other red flavor you prefer)
- Berry Blue Jello
- Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- Clear plastic cups
How to make Red, White, and Blue Jello:
Make the berry blue jello according to the package instructions. Fill your cups ⅓ full with the blue jello.
Next, place in the fridge for about an hour to let the jello set. If you are in a hurry, you can put in the freezer for just a few minutes to do the trick.
Fill cups another ⅓ full with whipped cream. It does not take much for this layer. Smooth out the top.
Make Cherry jello. Let it cool in fridge for 20 minutes. You don’t want the jello to solidify at all. You just need it to cool down so you can pour it on top of your whipped cream without melting it.
Refrigerate to allow the cups of jello to start to set. After a few minutes, add the cherry allowing the stem to stick out like a firecracker.
Return to the fridge for another 30 minutes to allow the jello to set until firm.
That is it! Don’t these look so fun and festive!
It that easy to make 4th of July jello!
Make these red, white and blue jello shots and let us know how they turn out. Red jello recipes are so festive paired with blue and white!
Print the recipe for red, white and blue jello cups below:
Red, White, and Blue Jello
- (1) 6 ounce package of Cherry Jello (or other red flavor)
- (2) 3 ounce packages of Berry Blue Jello
- (1) 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries (with stems)
- Clear plastic cups
- Make the Berry Blue Jello according to the package instructions. Fill your cups ⅓ full with the Berry Blue Jello (I used about ⅓ cup for my cups).
- Place in fridge for 1 hour (or 10 minutes in the freezer if you’re in a hurry).
- Fill cups another ⅓ full with Cool Whip, smoothing out the top. I used about 2 tablespoons for my cups).
- Place in freezer.
- Make Cherry Jello immediately. Let cool in fridge for 20 minutes. You don’t want to Jello to solidify at all, you just need it to cool down so you can pour it on top of your Cool Whip without melting it.
- Remove cups from freezer and jello from fridge. Fill the remainder of your cup with red jello (leave a little bit of room at the top).
- Refrigerate for another 20 minutes or just until jello starts to set slightly. Push one maraschino cherry with stem into the red jello, leaving the stem stick out like a little firework.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes, or until jello is firm. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
My kids loved these red, white and blue jello treats! Our next kid birthday is in September and I am totally going to find a way to make these for that party. They are too cute to only have once a year!