Red White and Blue Jello treats are so fun and festive. Plus, they are really easy to make. Everyone will love this patriotic recipe.
Easy Jello Red White and Blue:
I love how these red, white and blue jello treats turned out. We wanted a fun tasty treat for 4th of July, but I wasn’t sure exactly how these would come out.
I am happy to report that these red, white and blue jello treats were so easy to make. They were also so delicious. I barely had enough time to take a picture of these because my kids ate them up so quickly. This was a fun new recipes to try.
If you are looking for a fun treat that’s not too sweet, then you have to try these patriotic treats. If you are looking for different colors to match a party you are having. Just change up the flavor jello you use.
These are easy to make for any occasion. They are also perfect for Memorial day. See 97 of The Best Memorial Day Food Ideas.
What do you put Layered Jello in?
I used cute stemmed cups I found at Dollar Tree. If you need more than a handful or cannot find cups like this at your local dollar store. You can find cute stemmed cups on Amazon.
You can use regular clear plastic cups, but I just love the look of the stemmed cups.
How to Make White Jello:
I’ve seen these cute firecracker treats all over pinterest, but they used milk mixture in the middle to make the white. However, that didn’t sound very tasty to me as sweetened condensed milk can be very heavy.
Instead, we used cool whip for the white layer. Everyone loves cool whip with their jello so it makes the perfect middle white stripe.
Everyone loved it and I think the cool whip is much better than milk. You get a bite of jello and milk in each spoonful making this so delicious.
Ingredients 4th of July Jello:
- Cherry Jello (or other red flavor you prefer)
- Berry Blue Jello
- Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- Clear plastic cups
How to Make Red White and Blue Jello:
- Step 1 – Make the Blue Layer – Make the berry blue jello according to the package instructions with cold water. Fill your cups ½ cups full with the blue jello mixture.
- Step 2 – Allow layer to Set – Next, place in the fridge for about an hour to let the jello set. If you are in a hurry, you can put in the freezer for just a few minutes to do the trick.
- Step 3 – Add White Layer – Fill cups another ⅓ full with whipped cream. It does not take much for this layer.
- Step 4 – Make Red Layer – Stir Cherry jello ingredients with cups of boiling water. Let it cool in fridge for 20 minutes. Make sure the jello doesn’t solidify at all. You just need it to cool down so you can pour it on top of your whipped cream without melting it.
- Step 5 – Refrigerate – Refrigerate to allow the cups of jello to start to set. After a few minutes, add the cherry allowing the stem to stick out like a firecracker.
- Step 6 – Set Jello – Return to the fridge for another 30 minutes to allow the jello to set until firm.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – These fun and festive treats will be perfect for all the holidays. Make them for Labor Day, Memorial Day or 4th of July. You can even make red and green for Christmas. We like to serve them cool instead of room temperature.
Jello 4th of July Recipe Tips:
- Allow Jell-O to Set – When making the white and blue layered jello. Make sure to allow it to set in the fridge.
- Adding White Layer – When adding the cool whip topping, make sure to smooth out the top. We like the layers to be defined as that adds to the look.
- Cool Red Layer – When preparing the red jello layer make sure to let it cool to right before it sets. This allows you to easily stick the cherry in the red layer.
- Refrigerator – Before serving we recommend allowing the jello cups to set in the fridge for about 30 minutes. This allows for the jello to be firm and ready to serve.
Substitutions and Additions:
- 4th of July Jello Shots. – If you are hosting an adult party. This is a fun patriotic jello shots to make. You can easily mix in alcohol such as vodka, tequila for a delicious cocktail.
- Change the Jello Flavors – You can easily make these treats for any occasion. Change the red layer to a strawberry jello or orange jello.
- White Layer – You can easily use a unflavored gelatin to make the white layer add 1 cup of cool whip.
How to Store Jell-O Cups:
Store these Jello Cups in the refrigerator when not serving. They will last about 4 days if stored properly.
The Best Red White and Blue Treat:
My kids loved these red, white and blue jello treats. Our next kid birthday is in September. I am totally going to find a way to make these for that party. They are too cute to only have once a year.
Print the recipe for Red White and Blue Jello Cups:
Red, White, and Blue Jello
- (1) 6 ounce package of Cherry Jello (or other red flavor)
- (2) 3 ounce packages of Berry Blue Jello
- (1) 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries (with stems)
- Clear plastic cups
- Make the Berry Blue Jello according to the package instructions. Fill your cups ⅓ full with the Berry Blue Jello (I used about ⅓ cup for my cups).
- Place in fridge for 1 hour (or 10 minutes in the freezer if you’re in a hurry).
- Fill cups another ⅓ full with Cool Whip, smoothing out the top. I used about 2 tablespoons for my cups).
- Place in freezer.
- Make Cherry Jello immediately. Let cool in fridge for 20 minutes. You don’t want to Jello to solidify at all, you just need it to cool down so you can pour it on top of your Cool Whip without melting it.
- Remove cups from freezer and jello from fridge. Fill the remainder of your cup with red jello (leave a little bit of room at the top).
- Refrigerate for another 20 minutes or just until jello starts to set slightly. Push one maraschino cherry with stem into the red jello, leaving the stem stick out like a little firework.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes, or until jello is firm. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy 4th of July Treats:
- Red white and blue crinkle cake mix cookies
- 4th of July Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Red White & Blue Charcuterie Board
- Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad
- 4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- Check out our Memorial Day Desserts for the bests red white and blue treats.
Looks great! Can’t wait to try this recipe for Memorial Day! First time our family is all getting together in over a year! Thanks for the cute idea!
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy it!
I followed this exactly and the cool whip layers all floated to the top when I poured the cooled jello liquid on top ?????. Is there something I missed? I’m sure it will still be delicious.
Make sure to place the cups in the freezer once the cool whip layer is added (freeze until cool whip is solid) and this will keep that layer from floating to the top once the red jello is added on top.
Can you make a couple of days ahead of time?