This easy Red White and Blue Fruit Salad is so pretty and patriotic. It comes together in only 5 minutes and it’s so tasty. It’s perfect for Memorial Day or 4th of July.
Red White and Blue Fruit Salad:
You are going to love this red white and blue fruit salad. Red white and blue salad will look so festive for Memorial Day or 4th of July. Also check out The Best Memorial Day Food Ideas for more delicious recipes.
This recipe starts with Fresh Strawberries, bananas, and blueberries. It is then mixed with a honey and lime dressing to create and light and refreshing salad. The combination of these fruits and colors makes the perfect summertime fruit salad.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious salad to take to your summer picnics. Make this fruit salad for holidays, potlucks or an afternoon snack. This dessert recipe is quick to make and perfect for a last minute recipe.
Ingredients you need:
- Strawberries, washed and cut in half
- Blueberries, rinsed
- Bananas sliced in thick chunks
- Fresh Lime
How to Make 4th of July Fruit Salad Recipe:
- Step 1 – Wash and prepare berries – Wash and cut all your fruit.
- Step 2 – Toss in bowl – Combine in a bowl.
- Step 3 – Mix dressing – In a small bowl whisk together the honey and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Step 4 – Tip on squeezing lime – Microwave your lime for 10 seconds before you cut and squeeze it. You will get more out of it after it was warmed up.
- Step 5 – Add dressing to fruit – Drizzle the honey lime glaze over the fruit and stir slightly to coat.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately or refrigerate.
How to Make Red White and Blue Cheesecake Salad:
This fruit salad is a great base that can be served as is or with other ingredients. If you prefer a creamier salad. You can easily mix the ingredients in a large bowl with cream cheese, creamer and a pudding mix.
- Blend together 8 oz softened cream cheese, add in 1 cup of creamer. Beat together until smooth. You may need to add in more creamer.
- Mix the fruit in the cheesecake mixture for a delicious twist on this summer bbqs recipe.
4th of July Fruit Salad Variations:
- White Melons
- Throw in marshmallows
- White Peaches
- Red Grapes
What else could you add to make your own version of a red white and blue salad? What July fruit that is in season do you love?
We just love fresh fruit! You could cut watermelon in star shapes with cookie cutters. That would be a really simple and fun dessert idea. Everyone loves watermelon.
Fourth of July Fruit Salad Recipe Tips:
- Cut Fruit – I like to cut the fruit in bite-sized pieces to easily serve. You can even use a star cookie cutter to change the shape or cut into white stars.
- Fruit Salad Dressing – We made a simple dressing for this side dish. We made it out of honey and lime, but you can use what you prefer. Make a dressing out of lemon juice or orange juice. Add in a tablespoon of vanilla for a warm flavor.
- Fruit – Feel free to change the fruit to what you prefer. There are many red fruits and white fruits to choose from. I have even mixed in some fresh mint for the perfect addition.
- Bananas – If you are worried about the bananas turning brown, simply stir ¼ cup of lemon juice with a banana. When you are ready to serve drain the lemon juice from the bananas then mix with the other fruit.
Can I Make this Fruit Salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this fruit salad ahead of time. I like to prepare the salad but washing and cutting up the fruits. Then when I am ready to serve make the dressing and pour over the fruit. This saves me time to have to prepare everything at once.
How to Store Leftovers:
This salad is best served immediately. If you do have leftovers, store in the fridge and then serve within a few days. The fruit may get soggy if stored over 3 days. Make sure to store in an air tight container.
Print this 4th of July Fruit Salad recipe below:
Red, White, and Blue Fruit Salad
- 16 oz Strawberries (cleaned and cut in half)
- 1 pint Blueberries (rinsed)
- 3 bananas (sliced in thick chunks)
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 lime juiced
- Wash and cut all your fruit.
- Combine in a bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Drizzle the honey lime glaze over the fruit and stir slightly to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy 4th of July Recipes:
- 4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- 4th of July rice Krispie Treats
- 4th of July Brownies; Easy Bomb Brownie Bites
- How to make Red, White, and Blue Jello
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- 4th of July Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Check out our huge list of Memorial Day Desserts for more red white and blue ideas
These are AWESOME!!!
I made the red, white, and blue salad and it was delicious! Everyone loved it. Thank you!
Wonderful , love fruit
How long can you keep the fruit salad in refrigerator before using .Making the strawberry blueberry and banana salad. Lucyann
I usually make this one the day before or the day of since it has the bananas in them and they don’t keep very long. Thank you.
you have several recipes listed by title but not the recipe next to it to go along with the title.. thank you Patti firstname.lastname@example.org