Are you looking for some patriotic desserts?
Well I have the cutest recipe for you today. I think this might be one of my favorite patriotic desserts because these little 4th of July brownies look like little bombs… or fire crackers. The kids can make these and get involved. They will be so proud of showing off their adorable 4th of July dessert.
This is one of my favorite 4th of July dessert recipes.
I think you will love them too! Anyone can make them and everyone will devour them. They are so easy to make it is almost impossible to call it a recipe. 🙂
This recipe will yield two dozen patriotic brownie bombs:
Ingredients for Brownies:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon Hershey’s dark cocoa
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red Mini Cupcake liners
Directions to make the Brownies:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line mini muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add the flour and cocoa powder. Whisk to blend well and set side.
3. In a double boiler, melt the butter and mini chocolate chips until smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, sugar, extract and salt. Whisk together for 1 minute to incorporate.
5. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir well to combine.
6. Add the flour mixture and stir well until fully mixed.
7. Spoon the brownie batter into the muffin cups about 2/3 full. Do not fill up to the top since the batter expands when cooking.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to complete the cooling process.
INGREDIENTS TO DECORATE BROWNIES
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems
- Betty Crocker vanilla cookie icing in a squeeze pouch (you can buy it here)
- 1/4 cup Wilton Royal blue chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup Wilton light blue chocolate melts
- Red, white and blue sprinkles (jimmies and nonpareils)
Directions to Decorate 4th of July Brownies:
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside. Pour the cherries into a strainer to remove excess juice. Transfer to a bowl and chill for 5 minutes (this will help the chocolate to harden almost immediately).
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the royal blue chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
3. Dip 12 of the chilled cherries into the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with the red, white and blue jimmies after each dip. Place on the cookie sheet to harden.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the light blue chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
5. Dip the remaining cherries into the melted light blue chocolate and immediately sprinkle with the red, white and blue nonpareil’s. Place on the cookie sheet to harden for 5 minutes.
6. Once the chocolate on the cherries have hardened, pipe about 1/2 tablespoon of cookie icing on top of each brownie bite. Place the decorated cherries on top of the icing.
7. Let the cookie icing harden for about 10 minutes.
Time to enjoy them!
These 4th of July brownies are super easy to make and I know the kids would just love making them with you! What are some of your favorite 4th of July dessert recipes? Will you be making these this year?
Another favorite is 4th of July Chocolate Covered Oreos. This dessert is so simple yet looks amazing!