This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to make Crockpot Spiral Ham Recipe in the slow cooker for an easy and delicious meal idea. Whether you are serving ham for a big holiday dinner or Sunday lunch for your family, this recipe makes it so easy.
Being a mom of 8, I have become an expert of making delicious Crockpot Recipes. With this Slow Cooker Ham Recipes my holiday cooking just got easier. With only minutes of prep work, you will have the ham cooking in no time.
If your family is anything like mine, we love to make easy meals for the holidays. Make sure to check out these other meat recipes you can cook in the slow cooker to save your holiday dinner. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast or Slow Cooker Bone-In Turkey Breast are just some of our favorites.
Table of Contents
- Why We Love this Crockpot Ham Recipe:
- Variations Ideas:
- How to Cook a Spiral Ham in the Crock Pot:
- How Long to Cook a Ham in the Slow Cooker:
- What if My Ham Doesn’t Fit:
- How to Keep from Drying Out:
- Can You Freeze Ham?
- Can You Reheat Your Cooked Ham?
- Best Leftover Recipes for Ham:
- Best Side Dishes for Slow Cooker Ham
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- More Delicious Ham Recipes:
- Crockpot Spiral Ham Recipe
Why We Love this Crockpot Ham Recipe:
Tossing a spiral ham in your crockpot in the morning. Then letting the slow cooker do all the work saves me so much time. It makes Easter dinner, Christmas dinner, and even Thanksgiving dinner a breeze.
Cooking ham in the crock pot is a great way to free up your oven space in the crock pot. Plus you will love how amazing it taste. We love using our slow cooker to make meal time a breeze. Our family can enjoy a great dinner with very little effort.
It is so delicious and flavorful. Once you start using the slow cooker for ham, you will never use the oven again. The ham is just so tender and packed with the best flavor. You will love this combination of brown sugar, pineapple juice and more.
- Spiral Sliced Ham
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Pineapple Juice
For the full list of ingredients and recipe instructions, scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card.
- Pineapple – If you love pineapple, toss in a few slices or chunks. Pineapple rings would also work placed on top of the ham. Plus, it would look pretty.
- Brown Sugar – The brown sugar can easily be substituted with maple syrup, honey, or raw sugar. It may change the consistency so make changes to what you prefer.
- Change Ham – Even though we love the flavor of the spiral ham, feel to cook the ham that you prefer. There are many options to choose from especially during the holidays.
How to Cook a Spiral Ham in the Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Place the Crock Pot Spiral Sliced Ham flat side down like the picture above.
- Step 2 – Once your precooked ham is in the crockpot. Smother it with brown sugar and pour maple syrup and pineapple juice over it. It is that simple and easy.
How Long to Cook a Ham in the Slow Cooker:
- Cook on Low – Once you have placed your ham in the crock pot set it on low. It will need to cook for about 3-4 hours. Cook time could vary.
- Use Meat Thermometer – To ensure that you ham is heated thoroughly you can use a meat thermometer. It will need to read around 140 degrees.
- Remove From Slow Cooker – Once heated thoroughly, remove ham from crockpot and place on a platter.
- Heat Juices – I like to pour the juice that is in the bottom of my crockpot into a saucepan. Then bring the juices to a simmer for about 6-8 minutes.
- Pour Juices – Then pour the juices over the ham. Doing this just brings all the juices and ham together.
- Thicker Glaze – If you prefer a thicker glaze. You can mix about 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2-3 tablespoon of water together. Then pour into the ham juice.
What if My Ham Doesn’t Fit:
If you cannot put the lid down on your crockpot. Cover the ham with foil to keep the heat in. Then place the lid on the top to keep the foil down.
How to Keep from Drying Out:
By cooking in the crock pot, the ham stays so moist and delicious, so you don’t have to worry about it drying out. No need to use glaze packets with this delicious and simple recipe.
Your family will love this cured ham. The syrup and pineapple juice make the best spiral cut ham. The combination of the syrup and juice makes it so flavorful.
Can You Freeze Ham?
You can freeze ham. Freezing ham is a great way to save money and use the ham to make another meal. Check out Can You Freeze Ham? to learn how.
Can You Reheat Your Cooked Ham?
Leftover holiday ham is the best. Typically we eat on the ham for lunch or dinner the next few days after our holiday celebration. This is ham is easy to reheat by placing the oven.
You want to place your oven on low heat of 275 degrees. Then cover the ham with foil. I usually use this method if I have a lot of ham leftovers.
If it is a small serving, then I will just place in the microwave for a minute to heat with my other sides.
Best Leftover Recipes for Ham:
There are so many different ways to use leftover ham. Ham is a great option to add to soups, casseroles and more. These are some of our favorite recipes.
- Ham and Bean Soup Crock Pot Recipe
- Crock pot ham and cabbage recipe
- Crockpot Ham and Potato Soup Recipe
- My kids love Ham & Cheese Omelets the next day.
- Make a Ham Sandwich.
Best Side Dishes for Slow Cooker Ham
We normally make ham for the holidays and adding our favorite side dishes are a must. We love this Easy Twice Baked Potatoes in only 4 steps!, The BEST Cheesy potato casserole and Roasted Tomato & Mozzarella Salad.
Check out all our Best Side Dishes for Ham.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Orange juice works great and gives the fully cooked ham great flavor. We have used this before when I forgot to buy pineapple juice and it was good.
Spiral hams are generally precooked making this process even easier. Make sure to read the label to ensure that the ham you are choosing is precooked.
We like to use a spiral ham. They are amazing in the crockpot and taste delicious. In my opinion, the spiral ham is the perfect ham to cook in the crockpot.
We love leftover ham. So we try and plan for that when we purchase our ham. My general rule is about 1 pound ham per person. This ensures that I can plan on leftovers for the next day.
More Delicious Ham Recipes:
- Grilled Ham Steak Recipe
- Slow Cooker Ham Recipe
- Instant Pot Spiral Ham Recipe
- Ham & Bean Soup Crock pot recipe
- Bourbon Glazed Ham Recipe
- Slow Cooker Christmas Ham Recipe
If you make this Slow Cooker Spiral Ham Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
Crockpot Spiral Ham
- Unwrap ham and place flat side down in a large slow cooker. Throw away glaze packet and any plastic pieces that cover the bone.
- Rub brown sugar over the sides.
- Pour on syrup and pineapple juice.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Baste ham with the juices from the bottom of the slow cooker occasionally while it is cooking and right before you serve it.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe