This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make this Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs Dinner for a meal your family will love with very little work. Flavorful chicken thighs make for a budget friendly meal with delicious potatoes and asparagus.
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs Recipe:
Life is so busy but dinner does not have to be complicated. With easy recipes like this delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh Parmesan Recipe, it is simple to get dinner on the table fast.
These Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs are so tender and packed with tons of flavor from being slow cooked all day. The garlic and parmesan simmer together for a really great meal.
Throw in some potatoes and asparagus and you have all you need for a complete dinner. It is so simple but tastes like you worked all day on this meal.
How to Slow Cook Chicken without Drying it out?
We have cooked chicken breast and chicken thighs in the slow cooker and chicken thighs always cook better. Chicken thighs have high fat content and less likely to dry out.
When we make chicken recipes in the crock pot, we try and plan on cooking on low. This is also helpful not to dry out the chicken. In this recipe, we cook on low for 8 hours and the chicken comes out perfectly.
Make sure to always use a meat thermometer to check the chickens internal temperature.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Chicken:
- Bone In Chicken Thighs
- Salt and Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Thyme
- Red Potatoes
- Fresh Asparagus
- Parmesan Cheese
With just a few simple ingredients, you can have an amazing dinner!
How to make Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Add Chicken to Slow Cooker – Place the skin side chicken in the crock pot. If you can toss a few ingredients into the slow cooker, you can make this easy meal. All of the chicken goes into the crock pot.
- Add the Potatoes and Seasoning – Top the chicken thighs with the potatoes, seasonings, and butter. If you prefer, you can add the seasoning together in a small bowl and mix.
- Close lid and Cook – Cook on low for 8 hours. We like to cook the chicken on low as it keep the chicken thighs from drying out. Cooking time will vary.
- Prepare the Asparagus – Meanwhile, cut the bottom off of the asparagus.
- Remove potatoes and chicken from slow cooker – Once chicken and potatoes are cooked, place the chicken, potatoes, and uncooked asparagus on a cookie sheet.
- Add Parmesan Cheese – We like to top the chicken, potatoes and asparagus with parmesan cheese. I also like to drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil – Broil for 10 minutes or until chicken is browned and asparagus is soft on medium high heat. Watch closely so chicken and vegetables do not burn.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Potato Tips:
- Chicken thighs – You can easily substitute other cuts of chicken for chicken thighs. We like chicken breast and chicken tenders for another great meal idea. If you use chicken breast, keep in mind they might not take as long to cook. You can use skinless or skin on chicken thighs.
- Cut the meat into pieces. If your chicken breasts are very large, I suggest cutting them into smaller pieces.
- Mushrooms. You can add 8 oz of sliced fresh mushrooms on top of the chicken in the crock pot. This adds even more delicious flavor if you like mushrooms.
- Make it spicy. If you like dishes with a little heat, add a ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add Other Vegetables – You can easily roast carrots in the crock pot or add other vegetables to the baking sheet.
- Garlic Parmesan Sauce – Cooking the chicken in the crock pot may result in a sauce. With the garlic parmesan seasoning that is added to the chicken, this sauce is very flavorful. I would try to save it to drizzle over your chicken and vegetables.
- Breadcrumb Mixture – If you like you chicken to have a crispy texture, use a breadcrumb mixture with the seasoning. Coat chicken in a shallow bowl to make sure all of it is covered.
- Fried Chicken – This seasoning would be amazing on a fried chicken.
What to Serve with Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs:
- Mashed Potatoes – Instead of roasting the potatoes, you can make mashed potatoes for an easy side.
- Change the vegetable – If you are not a fan of asparagus, you can use any type of vegetable. We have made broccoli and zucchini with this recipe and both turned out amazing.
- Serve with Rice – Instead of potatoes, you can shred the chicken and serve over rice. White Rice or brown rice would taste great. If you are doing low carb, try cauliflower rice.
How to Store Leftovers:
This Crockpot Creamy Garlic Chicken is best leftover. Storing the chicken in an air tight container will last about 3 days in the refrigerator. The seasoning marinates in the chicken and vegetables giving it amazing flavor the next day.
We love to shred the chicken for an easy lunch idea the next day. It is healthy, delicious and the best meal in the slow cooker.
To reheat, you can place leftovers in a microwave safe dish and cover with plastic wrap. Heat in 1 minute intervals.
Can you Freeze this Recipe?
You can freezer the chicken parm and potatoes in an freezer safe container for up to 3 months. The potatoes may not do very well in the freezer as the texture could change. We recommend only freezing the chicken and make fresh vegetables when you serve it again.
Print this Slow Cooker Creamy Garlic Chicken recipe below:
Crock pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs Dinner
- Place the chicken in the crock pot.
- Top with the potatoes, seasonings, and butter.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, cut the bottom off of the asparagus.
- when cooked, Place the chicken, potatoes, and uncooked asparagus on a cookie sheet.
- top with parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until chicken is browned and asparagus is soft.
- Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Chicken Thighs Recipe:
- Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Crock Pot Chipotle BBQ Chicken Thighs Recipe