This easy parmesan roasted zucchini recipe is going to be your go-to side dish recipe! This is one of my favorite easy and delicious zucchini recipes.
Oven Roasted Zucchini with Parmesan:
If you’re looking for a delicious veggies side dish recipe, look no further! This oven roasted zucchini with parmesan is so delicious, sometimes I forget that it’s healthy too!
Zucchini paired with parmesan cheese is a match made in heaven and I know you’re going to love how easy it is to make too.
Zucchini is probably one of my all time favorite vegetables. I love it roasted, steamed, pan fried and baked into my favorite baked goods like bread and muffins! Plus, it’s really easy to grow in Oklahoma. So we can easily grow tons of zucchini and eat it for days – woohoo!
My girls have just recently got into gardening and I love reaping all the benefits from it. If you have been wanting to start out a garden, check out this Gardening for Beginners post. It has all the veggies that we recommend that you start out your garden with.
Ok, back to this delicious zucchini recipe. You are going to love this Parmesan Roasted Zucchini recipe. It is one that anyone can make and it pairs perfectly with almost any dinner.
Roasting Zucchini brings out the flavor!
I’m always looking for creative vegetable recipes to get my family to eat more of their veggies. I have tried them all and have found that roasted vegetables are definitely my favorite!
Cooking veggies at a high heat in the oven brings out a ton of their flavor and I love it when they’re slightly crispy too. If you enjoy roasting veggies as much as I do, we have a few other great recipes you should try out too!
Ingredients you need:
You only need 4 ingredients to make this healthy side dish recipe and it can easily be made in under 15 minutes!
This is all you need to make this easy vegetable recipe. Continue reading below to find the specific quantities needed for this recipe.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (the one in the canister)
How to make roasted parmesan zucchini:
You are not going to believe how easy it is to make this 3 ingredient zucchini recipe. First preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Then cut off the ends of the zucchini and cut the zucchini each in quarters lengthwise.
Next line a baking sheet with foil or with parchment paper (this is for easy clean up). I like to use a rimmed baking sheet so I don’t have to worry about the zucchini sliding off when I move it to the oven.
Place the zucchini slices in a single layer on the sheet pan. Then drizzle the zucchini with olive oil. After that, sprinkle the zucchinis with the garlic salt and the parmesan cheese.
Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook zucchini for 10-12 minutes until the zucchinis are a golden brown color. Then transfer the pan to a cooling rack.
Note: Do not over cook! Zucchini will continue to cook when it sets so you want to pull them out before they get too soft. I like my zucchini when it is still just a little crunchy. Serve immediately while they’re warm and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Tips for this Recipe:
- Spray your pan with a non-stick cooking spray or line with foil so that the zucchinis do not get stuck to the pan.
- Watch closely toward the end of the cook time as the smaller pieces of zucchini will cook faster than the larger pieces.
- Serve immediately as these are best when they’re hot out of the oven.
- Ensure that the zucchini are not touching on the pan so that they cook evenly.
Variation ideas for Baked Zucchini:
This is a great recipe that you can easily modify to make it your own. Sprinkle the zucchini with your favorite type of seasonings to add a new flavor to this recipe. Some ideas are Italian Seasoning, Creole Seasoning or Taco Seasoning.
Also, I used garlic salt because it’s quick and easy but you can also use fresh garlic (minced) in this recipe as well.
What to serve with this side dish recipe?
This easy zucchini recipe goes with so many of my favorite main dish recipe. Here are a few that I love this serve this parmesan roasted zucchini recipe with.
- Catalina Glazed Grilled Chicken
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Crockpot Bacon Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Print this 3 ingredient roasted zucchini Recipe below:
This Parmesan Roasted Zucchini Recipe is easy to make and tastes great. Oven roasted zucchini with parmesan is the best side dish!
- 3 medium sized Zucchini
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the ends off of the zucchini and quarter the zucchini lengthwise.
Place the zucchini on a baking sheet (lined with foil). Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the zucchini slices.
Sprinkle the zucchini with the garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the zucchini is browned slightly.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
More zucchini recipes to try:
- A 10 Minute Side Dish; Pan Fried Zucchini Slices
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
- Super Moist Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Easy Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash
- The Best Parmesan Grilled Zucchini Recipe
- Grilled Zucchini Foil Packs
- Easy Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- Tasty Zucchini Bread
Check out some other side dish recipes:
- How to Roast Acorn Squash
- How to Bake Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Grilled Green Beans Recipe
- Easy Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob Recipe