Oh I have another delicious Asparagus Oven recipe. I love making asparagus in the oven because it is literally done in 10 minutes. Can you really get much easier than that? Just like my other oven roasted asparagus recipe, I think you are going to fall in love with this Roasted Parmesan Asparagus recipe.
This is one of the best asparagus recipe.
If you are afraid of asparagus, then today is the day to try it. This simple but delicious recipe is one of the best asparagus recipe. It is so delicious and as long as you keep it slightly crisp, even the kids will love it. I have had the pickiest eaters (adults included) admit that they love roasted asparagus. My favorite part is that you can have a healthy and delicious side dish cooked in only 10 minutes!
Now we use fresh parmesan in this recipe. You will find it in the deli area with all the other “special cheeses”. We have started keeping it on hand and we are so glad we did. You will want a parmesan grater and I highly recommend this one. It is frugal and gets the job done. There are other good ones here that are one sale. We just love our rotary one. 🙂
- Fresh Asparagus
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Bake Asparagus in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the edges of the asparagus off. You want to get all the rough ends cut off.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Lay asparagus on the cookies sheet in an even layer.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Season liberally with garlic salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes until asparagus darkens slightly and is tender. Do NOT overcook. Your asparagus should still be crisp. It will continue cook as it sits.
- Cut your lemon in half and squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the asparagus.
- Then top with the fresh parmesan.
How do you cook Asparagus?
There are several different ways you can cook asparagus and have it on the table in 10 minutes. Here are a few of my other favorite recipes to try:
Did you know that you are supposed to store Asparagus differently?
Learn how to store asparagus to keep it fresh longer.
Try this Roasted Parmesan Asparagus recipe tonight.
Try this Roasted Parmesan Asparagus. It is a delicious asparagus oven recipe. how do you cook asparagus. here is the best asparagus recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Lemon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Trim the edges of the bottom of the asparagus.
Line a cookie sheet with foil (optional for easy clean up).
Lay the asparagus on the baking sheet in an even layer.
Drizzle the olive oil over the asparagus/.
Sprinkle the garlic salt on top.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until asparagus darkens slightly and is tender. Do NOT overcook. Your asparagus should still be crisp. It will continue cook as it sits.
Cut your lemon in half and squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the asparagus.
Top with the parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Refrigerator the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Money Saving Tip:
Asparagus can be expensive if you are not shopping smart. Only make asparagus when it is on sale and in season. Normally you will get the best prices from August to November.
This Bacon wrapped asparagus recipe will not disappoint and has the most amazing flavor.
Try some of these other DELICIOUS side dish recipes:
- How to Steam Broccoli in the Microwave
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus
- Baked Potatoes in the Microwave – Easy to make!