Oh my! This Garlic Lime Steamed asparagus is so easy to make and tastes amazing! Whether is is cold our hot outside you can make this delicious side dish because we cook it in the skillet. It literally takes minutes to make to enjoy delicious asparagus.
If you are not a fan of asparagus it is because you ate it from a can or someone over cooked it. Trust me… I’ve overcooked mine many times and it is packed with flavor (and nutrients) if you don’t over cook it.
If the asparagus isn’t still bright green then you have overcooked it. Once it becomes bright green stop cooking.
For this Garlic Steamed Asparagus recipe all you need is garlic salt, a fresh lime, some fresh asparagus, water and a skillet with a lid. If you need a skillet, I just found this good one one sale. That is it!
Now you don’t have to have a lime juicer but I highly recommend it. After years of doing it myself, I finally decided to get one – completely worth the investment. They do a much better job than your hand can do. Amazon has several on sale here.
- ½ pound of asparagus
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- ½ lime juice (fresh)
- Cut the ends off of your asparagus to get the hard ends off.
- Place in your skillet.
- Pour ½ cup of water, just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Place the lid back on.
- Turn on to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Steam the asparagus for about 5 minutes, until the asparagus turns bright green.
- Remove, the lid. If there is still water, continue to cook (it will boil off in a minute).
- Turn off heat.
- Squeeze half a lime over the asparagus and season with garlic salt.
- Serve imediately.
If you have never tried asparagus or are afraid of too… Please try this recipe. I’ve gotten several people to fall in love with asparagus with this recipe. 🙂
If you like this recipe, try my Grilled Asparagus recipe too!