Grilled BBQ Teriyaki Chicken is inexpensive, quick and always a crowd pleaser. Give this tender and flavorful chicken a try for a great dinner.
Oh my!! This is one of my family’s all time favorite grilled chicken recipes. It is crazy easy to make and tastes amazing! I made this marinade on a whim a while back and couldn’t think of a name.
My kiddos named it Teri-Q and it just stuck! Teri-Q Chicken is amazing!
This marinade is easy and cheap. Since we often get BBQ sauce and Teriyaki sauce on sale frequently, you can’t get a much more frugal recipe.
It’s freezer friendly.
If you want to be VERY smart. You can make a big batch up and freeze it with the chicken in freezer bags. Then… when you need some you just allow to thaw in your fridge. It is marinating while it is thawing! Can you really get any easier than that?
- chicken breasts – Try other cuts of meat such as chicken thighs, chicken legs, tenderloin and more.
- Barbecue Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Garlic salt
How to make grilled bbq teriyaki chicken:
- First, mix together the barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Stir or whisk to make sure everything is well combined.
- Second, add the chicken to a large bowl or gallon size ziplock bag. I prefer to use the bag because clean up is easy.
- Next, pour the sauce over the chicken. I like to marinade this overnight but a few hours iwll do if you are short on time.
- Finally, grill the chicken over medium high heat. It may vary based on the size of your chicken breasts but normally takes about 7-10 minutes per side. Just make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Allow the chicken to rest before serving. 5 minutes should do it. Enjoy!
- It is optional but sometimes we top with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Basting Brush– So handy for adding more of the tasty bbq teriyaki sauce to the chicken during the grilling process.
- Freezer bag holders – If you are like me, another set of hands in the kitchen would be great. Bag holders to the rescue! We use them all the time when adding food to baggies or doing freezer cooking.
- Grilling tongs – Grab a set of heavy duty tongs to use on the grill. These will get plenty of use.
- Lazy Day Crockpot Baked Beans
- Grilled Vegetable Packets
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Grilled Broccoli Side Dish Recipe
- Find more of the Best Grilled Chicken Sides
It is also good with a simple salad for a side dish.
Ideas for Leftovers:
- Chop or slice the chicken for salads. Just use your favorite veggies.
- Burrito Bowls – add rice, beans, leftover chicken and toppings.
Sometimes I make extra just to ensure I have leftovers. I love to cook once and eat twice. Plus, it makes busy weeknights less hectic to have these meals available.
Do you love to grill as much as our family? I personally love how easy it is to cook dinner and how fun it is because the kids are playing outside while I am grilling. Plus, I have very little cleanup after dinner! That is a win for everyone because we get more family time.
Let us know how this turns out for you! If you like steak, you might also want to try Grilled teriyaki steak recipe.
Print this Grilled BBQ Teriyaki Chicken below:
Grilled Teriyaki BBQ Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken breasts (Approximately 6 Chicken Breasts)
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- Combine barbecue Sauce, Teriyaki sauce and garlic salt in a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken in a bowl or a large storage bag.
- Pour over sauce over chicken. Allow the chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill the chicken over medium high heat. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
My husband said this is our new bbq sauce! Awesome! I didn’t have teriyaki sauce so I used soy. Also delish!
Could you use chicken legs and thighs for this ?
Yes, either of those would work great with this recipe!
What would go good with this as far as for dinner
I like to serve this over white rice with a green vegetable for a side (like broccoli or green beans). Thank you!
We loved the flavor of this recipe on the grill. The chicken breasts came out juicy & we will definitely be making these again!