Grilled teriyaki steak recipe is full of flavor from being marinated and then grilled to perfection. This easy recipe comes together with little work but is a guaranteed hit!
Grilled teriyaki steak recipe
We love to grill steaks and the flavor of teriyaki is amazing. With just a few ingredients, you can make this delicious marinade and have an awesome steak night!
Each bite is sweet and savory and amazing. It is definitely one of our favorite ways to cook steak. Give it a try and see why we all love it so much!
If you enjoyed Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, you are going to love this new recipe with steak. Yum!
Ingredients for teriyaki steak marinade:
- Sirloin Steaks – You can also use Round or Flank Steak in this recipe.
- brown sugar
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- rice wine vinegar
- minced garlic
- ground ginger
You will love this easy teriyaki steak marinade!
How to make grilled teriyaki steak:
First, make the delicious marinade. Put all of the ingredients except the steak in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
Second, put the steaks in a large bowl or gallon size ziploc bag. Add the marinade and put in the fridge. Let the steaks marinade for at least 4 hours but longer is even better. I like to do over night.
Next, remove the steaks from the refrigerator about an hour before you are ready to grill. The steaks need time to come to room temperature.
Finally, heat the grill up to 400 degrees. I also like to spray or wipe oil onto the grill grates to help prevent the steaks from sticking to the grill.
Put the steaks on the hot grill and allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on your preference as to how well done you like your steaks.
Now, flip the steak and cook the other side for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Once the steaks have finished cooking, take off the grill and let them rest at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Easy Side ideas
- Rice– I love serving this steak over rice with sesame seeds and green onions. The teriyaki sauce is delicious over the rice. You can also freeze rice and have an easy side dish for during the week.
- Mashed potatoes– Steak and potatoes! Always a hit! Spoon some of that sauce over the mashed potatoes. Yum!
- Veggies- If you want something green with this, try steamed broccoli. The microwave makes it so easy and takes just minutes. We also like Green beans. You can also serve it with a simple side salad.
Tips for teriyaki steak recipe:
- You can also make this on the stove top. Use a little sesame oil to cook the steak. This is great for a stir fry cut into strips and you can add any veggies you like.
- Let the steak marinade at least for several hours if possible. Overnight is best!
- Find more tips on how to grill steak perfectly.
- You can use a meat thermometer when grilling to make sure it is cooked to your preference. This gadget is so handy and a must have in the kitchen!
Rare – 120F, cool to warm red center
for Medium Rare – 130F, Warm red center
Medium – 140F, Hot pink center
Medium Well – 150F, Mostly brown center
Well Done – 160F, full brown in color
Print this Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe:
Grilled teriyaki steak recipe is full of flavor from being marinated and then grilled to perfection. This easy recipe is a guaranteed hit.
- 4 Sirloin Steaks – You can also Round or Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl (all the ingredients except for the steak).
Cover the steaks with the marinade by placing them in a storage bag or bowl. Allow the steaks to marinade for at least 4 hours but you can also marinade over night.
Remove the steaks from your refrigerator 45-60 minutes prior to grilling to allow them to come to room temperature.
Heat grill to 400 degrees F.
Spray or wipe oil onto the grill grates to prevent the steaks from sticking to the grill.
Place steaks on a hot grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on your Steak Doneness preference.
Flip the steak over and grill for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until steak is cooked to your preference.
Remove from the grill and allow to rest a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
More teriyaki recipes to try:
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with BBQ
- 3 Ingredient Crockpot Beef Teriyaki Recipe
- Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin Recipe