This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Let your slow cooker do the work with this easy CrockPot Steak Bites Recipe. Everyone will enjoy these Keto Beef Tips Recipe packed with flavor and sure to be a hit with the entire family.
If you love these slow cooker steak bites as much as my family does, make sure to check these Garlic Butter Steaks Bites. These steaks bites easily cook in a skillet for amazing taste.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
The whole family will love this steak recipe. The simple seasoning and easy steps will make these steaks bites always on the menu. All the ingredients easily dump into the slow cooker for an easy prepare meal as you head out the door.
This recipe is kid approved and even better served with your favorite side dish recipes. If you are following the keto meal plan, this slow cooker beef tips should always be on your menu.
Can You Put Raw Steak in a Crock Pot?
Yes. I was pleasantly surprised to find out steak is so delicious in the crock pot. The steak bites came out so flavorful. The best part is that cooking in the crock pot, I didn’t have to worry about them burning.
Each steak bit is seasoned to perfection and so very tender. It is now my favorite way to enjoy steak.
- Round steak – We like to cut in bite size pieces before cooking.
- Sweet Onion – You can easily chop onions with a food processor or a chopper.
- Minced Garlic – You can mince your own, or by the jar minced garlic.
- Black Pepper
- Unsalted Butter
- Beef Broth – You can also use unsalted beef stock.
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe in the recipe card.
We love recipes that we can change the ingredients or use what we have. I often time will stock up on meat if I find a good deal. Try these variations the next time you want to make this recipe:
- Rather than cut up round steak, just buy stew meat. It is already pre-cut so it is perfect to toss in your crock pot.
- Sirloin Steak – Sirloin steak is a great meat to use for this recipe. Plus you can always find a good deal on this cut of meat. We have also used chuck roast for a delicious variations.
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites – When my husband grills, I will have him put garlic butter before serving. It also works great with these steak bites.
- Au Jus Gravy Mix – This is a great addition to this tender steak bites recipe as it adds flavor and thickness to the texture.
- Fresh Herbs – Feel free to add in fresh herbs to this dish. Fresh parsley, fresh rosemary or fresh thyme is a great addition. We have even added in red pepper flakes for a kick of flavor.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Cut round steak in about one inch bite size pieces and place in slow cooker.
- Step 2 – Then pour beef broth over meat.
- Step 3 – Top with onion and garlic, salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Then top with butter
- Step 5 – Place lid on crock pot to begin cooking.
- Step 6 – Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4, stirring occasionally.
- Step 7 – Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Beef Tips and Gravy – You can also make a gravy by stirring 1 tablespoon cornstarch in with ½ cup of water in a small bowl. Then whisk it in with the steak juices. Then pour into crock pot and turn temperature on high to allow so the juices will thicken.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup – Mix in cream of mushroom soup is a great addition to these steak bites. My sister loves to mix in mushrooms and beef broth to make crockpot beef tips and noodles.
- Add in potatoes – You can add diced potatoes or wrap potatoes to make everything right in the crock pot.
- Stir in Red wine – You can also add in some cooking red wine for additional flavor to the steak bites.
- Try adding in some Worcestershire sauce. I love cooking with Worcestershire sauce and they flavor it adds to my steak.
- Mini Crock Pot – Make this recipe in a mini crock pot and check out more of our easy Mini crock pot recipes.
If you are following the keto diet, try some of these easy ideas to serve with these tasty steak bites:
If you are not following the keto diet or maybe want something for your kids, make Crockpot Baked Potatoes. I like to take potatoes and wrap them in foil. Then lay them on top and have “baked” potatoes with these steak bites.
- Serve with White Rice or Brown Rice
- Frozen noodles or egg noodles are always a great option.
- Mashed Potatoes is my kids favorite.
Does Slow Cooking Steak make it Tender?
Yes, we think it does. Cooking steak in the slow cooker makes the steak flavorful and tender each time. Slow cooking steak allows for the flavors to really saturate the steak and it results in the best tender meat.
Slow Cooking steak bites as become my new favorite way of eating steak.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can freeze steak bites. We like to make freezer meals, and this one is always stocked in my freezer. You can freeze this meal uncooked or cooked. Just place all the ingredients in a freezer safe container, then when ready to cook place in the slow cooker. It will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay good for up to 4 days and makes the perfect recipe to meal prep with.
Reheat the leftovers in the microwave or stovetop depending on how much you have left.
Find More Keto Recipes:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Crock Pot Steak Tips Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment or a star review.
Crock Pot Steak Bites
- Place all the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe