You can now enjoy the tastiness of baked potatoes when your oven is full with Crock Pot Baked Potatoes. This is also perfect when you want to enjoy baked potatoes without heating up your kitchen in the summer time.
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
This is the perfect recipe to make a delicious but simple side dish. Crock Pot Baked Potatoes are so tender and delicious. No need to heat your kitchen, just sit back and let the slow cooker do all the work.
I like making crock pot baked potatoes for a crowd as well. A large crockpot will hold a lot of potatoes. It’s perfect for a dinner party and more!
Have you ever had a baked potato bar? This is the perfect way to turn a baked potato into a main meal! Such a great idea.
We like to chop up steak or grilled chicken and top the potatoes with it. Add in cheese, chives, bacon bits, sour cream and more! Such a fantastic meal idea!
We have used this idea for birthday parties or celebrations for a crowd. It really stretches the meat and makes it so frugal.
Can you bake potatoes in a crock pot?
Pierce potatoes with a fork before cooking in the slow cooker. This will allow steam to escape while cooking.
I really like the idea of doing baked potatoes in the crockpot and we make them frequently. Sometimes, I put several in the slow cooker on Sunday. I will have potatoes on hand for quick meals all week for lunch.
They are delicious topped with this Easy Quick Chili Recipe! I keep small containers in the freezer of this chili just for potatoes. I love it!
Baked potatoes in crock pot without foil are the best!
The first time I made crock pot potatoes, I tried them with foil. The second time, I tried them without the foil. I preferred the potatoes without the foil. There truly wasn’t much of a difference in taste. However, by eliminating the foil it makes it more frugal friendly! 🙂
How long does it take to cook potatoes in a slow cooker?
Typically it takes about 8-10 hours on low to cook the potatoes. This will vary based on the size of the potatoes and how many you put in the slow cooker. If you have large potatoes, it will vary.
You can also cook on high if you have less time.
Baked Potatoes in Crock Pot are so quick and easy!
The slow cooker does all the work for you and keeps your house cool. No need to heat up the kitchen baking potatoes in the oven.
If you need a new crockpot, I really love this one. I use mine frequently and it’s a good one! It has a lid that locks so it’s great for other recipes that might spill. There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to everything ready and waiting!
Cooking baked potatoes in crock pot is the easiest way to cook baked potatoes!
Crock pot baked potatoes are tasty and delicious. Just cover and cook. It’s that easy!
If you enjoy simple meals as much as we do around here, you will love this! Try cooking baked potatoes in the crockpot.
Ingredients for Crock Pot Potatoes:
- Oil (I like to use olive oil)
- Foil (Totally optional but I prefer heavy duty aluminum foil)
How to bake potatoes in crock pot:
1. Wash the potatoes and let dry.
2. Poke each potato with a fork a few times. Rub each with oil, then salt. You can wrap in foil, but I actually prefer it when I don’t wrap in foil.
My tip: I just put a little olive oil in my palm and go to town on each potato. It doesn’t take much.
3. Place the oiled potatoes in the crockpot (do not add any liquids) and cook on low for about 8 to 10 hours.
Cooking baked potatoes is that easy!
That is it! Slice open and enjoy! Such an easy meal.
Since discovering how easy and delicious this is, we make baked potatoes all the time in the slow cooker. I only wish I had of started sooner!
The potatoes are so moist and tasty. I actually prefer the way they taste in the crockpot as opposed to the oven.
Do you prefer Crock pot baked potatoes without foil or with foil?
Let us know how your baked potatoes turn out. They are delicious either way.
Print Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes recipe below:
- Foil (optional)
- Wash the potatoes and let dry. Poke each potato with a fork a few times. Rub each with oil, then salt. You can wrap in foil, but I actually prefer it when I don't wrap in foil.
- My tip: I just put a little olive oil in my palm and go to town on each potato. It doesn’t take much.
- Place the oiled potatoes in the crockpot (do not had any liquids) and cook on low for about 8 to 10 hours. That is it! Slice open and enjoy!
Let us know if you try them and tell us what you think about baked potatoes in a crock pot!
The slow cooker is perfect for making dinner time a breeze! You could also cook sweet potatoes. Don’t bake the potatoes in the oven and keep the kitchen cool!
This is much easier then Oven baked potatoes. Potatoes in the slow cooker are moist and delicious. Whether you wrap each potato in foil or leave the potatoes unwrapped, it’s the perfect way to cook them!
We definitely prefer this to cooking a potato in the oven. It’s so nice to just throw in the crockpot and go about your day.
Baked potato crock pot recipe is also amazing for twice baked potatoes.
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here. There are so many quick and easy dinner ideas.
Check out these other delicious slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- Sweet Glazed Carrots – Kid Friendly Crock pot Carrots recipe!
- Crock pot Ranch Pork Chops
- Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- The Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – only 3 ingredients