Dinner is a breeze with this Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe. The tender chicken and cheesy rice make an amazing meal your family will go crazy for.
Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
We absolutely love this tasty and creamy chicken and rice crock pot recipe. Everything gets tossed into the crockpot and dinner will be ready when you get home.
My kids go crazy over this dish and they love when I make it. It is so cheesy and delicious.
We make this meal frequently because it is so very simple and everyone enjoys it so much. Once I find something everyone will enjoy, it makes dinner time much easier.
Give it a try! It is so yummy and budget friendly. You will love to slow cook this meal!
Crock pot cheesy chicken and rice is sure to impress the entire family!
Throw this chicken and rice in crock pot and be prepared for a great dinner! It is comfort food in every single bite.
The cheese blends together with the rice for the best flavor. The kids really like this dish and ask frequently for cheesy rice as they call it.
Learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a quick and easy side dish. This recipe is so good that the kids don’t even seem to mind eating their veggies when paired with this tasty dish.
Can you put rice in a slow cooker with chicken?
Yes, definitely! I have love cooking the rice right in the crock pot for this recipe. I have found that brown rice works best as it’s less likely to be over cooked in the crock pot.
This is one of our favorite slow cooker chicken and rice recipes!
Your family will love this amazing meal. Make sure you check out our page for all our easy crock pot recipes too. Plus, if you are short on time you might want to try our Instant pot Chicken and rice recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken and Rice crock pot:
- Chicken Breasts
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Cream of Chicken Soup (You can make homemade cream of chicken soup.)
- Brown Rice – I recommend brown rice for this recipe as it is more hearty and less likely to over cook in the crock pot. I have tried this recipe with white rice before and the rice generally gets overcooked and turns mushy.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How do you cook chicken and rice in a slow cooker?
- Place the chicken broth, garlic, salt, pepper, onions, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and uncooked brown rice in a crock pot. Stir to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3.5-4 hours until all the broth in the crock pot is absorbed by the rice.
- Stir in the shredded cheese after the cook time. Cover and let the heat from the meal melt the cheese.
- Serve warm once the rice is tender and blended with the cheese.
Variations to Try!
- Try cream of mushroom in the casserole.
- Make homemade cream of chicken soup.
- Substitute chicken thighs.
- Add frozen vegetables to the rice mixture.
- Add another ¼ cup shredded cheese to the rice when finished cooking.
Chicken and Rice is simple to make!
Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the onions in this recipe. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them.
They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine. I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need.
It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
You need a crockpot for this Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice.
I really like this crockpot. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
You can also use a Casserole Crock Pot:
You can use a traditional style of crock pot but we also really like to use one of these casserole crock pot styles.It is perfect for casserole style slow cooker recipes.
I bought mine on Amazon,and I love it. It is perfect for the Holidays and really year round.
Plus, it is just so pretty. We can still enjoy all our favorite casserole recipes without ever turning the oven on.
Chicken and rice crockpot recipe easy to make!
You only need 2 chicken breasts for this recipe so it is very frugal friendly. The rice and cheese really stretch the meat and make it easy to feed a big family.
I love meals that are easy on my grocery budget, taste amazing and only take a few minutes to prepare. Life is so busy and most of us are running from work and school to activities and more. Take out is so tempting on those crazy busy days.
Now, you can just toss everything in the crockpot and make this amazing recipe. You will love coming home to dinner ready and waiting.
Print this Chicken and Rice Slow Cooker recipe below:
Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz can)
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Place the chicken, garlic, salt, pepper, onion, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and brown rice in the crock pot. Stir to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3.5-4 hours until the rice has absorbed all the chicken broth in the crock pot.
- Stir in the shredded cheese. Cover and allow the heat from the meal to melt the cheese (5-7 minutes).
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- I recommend brown rice for this recipe instead of white rice as it’s more hearty and able to handle the longer cook time from the crock pot. I do not recommend white rice for this recipe as it will likely turn too mushy.
- If the mixture is too thick, gradually stir in more chicken broth at the end of the cook time until the meal is the consistency that you prefer (¼ cup at a time).
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Check out these other easy Crock Pot Recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Crock pot Ranch Pork Chops
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- The Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Crock Pot Cube Steak and Gravy
Make sure to check out all our favorite easy crock pot recipes.