This Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe is so simple and delicious! Crock pot Mississippi Roast only has a few simple ingredients comes together in minutes and will impress your entire family!
If you are following me on Facebook then you will know that I made an easy Mississippi Pot Roast recipe last week live on Facebook. I have seen various recipes and decided to try my hand at it and make my own simple version.
I was shocked. No, I was stunned. Actually, I was amazed at just how awesome this simple Mississippi roast crock pot recipe was. I mean, it was mind-blowing good.
Try this easy roast recipe with ranch mix today!
How could something so easy be so packed with flavor? Why would a roast recipe with ranch mix taste good? Do those two even go together?
Well, I’m here to tell you it is good. Really, really, melt in your mouth good.
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast will become a regular meal in your family’s rotation! They’ll be asking for it again and again!
What do you need to make Mississippi Pot Roast?
To make this Original Mississippi Roast Recipe you only need a few ingredients. It starts with a roast, you can play around with it by using different cuts of meat. Then you need a packet of ranch seasoning mix (homemade ranch seasoning works, too!), butter and pepperoncini peppers.
Pretty simple, right? The good news is that this recipe is extremely versatile. You can change it up in many different ways! Instead of using ranch seasoning mix, you can use au jus gravy mix. Or you can use both of them together!
Want to add in some vegetables? Sure, toss in a package of baby carrots! You can really shake things up and make Mississippi Pot Roast Sliders!
Is Mississippi Pot Roast Keto?
The answer is yes! Mississippi Pot Roast is keto-friendly! It falls more on the dirty keto side with the pre-packaged ranch seasoning mix. If you’re strick keto, just use a homemade ranch seasoning and you’re good! It is incredible served with Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Rice for a super simple keto meal that the whole family will love!
Should you sear a pot roast?
Honestly, it is personal preference on whether you want to sear your pot roast before adding the rest of the ingredients. Searing your meat in a skillet with a little olive oil helps bring out more flavor, however it does take an extra step and some additional time. After searing your roast, follow the recipe as is, there is no need to adjust the cooking time.
Ingredients for Mississippi Pot Roast:
- 1 3-4 lb chuck roast (any kind will do)
- Packet of ranch dressing mix
- Stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 jar of pepperoncini peppers with the juice
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of water
How to make Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe:
- Place your roast in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the roast.
- Place the stick of butter on top of the roast and ranch mix. Pour the pepperoncini peppers and pepperoncini juice over everything.
- Pour your water around the roast.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Shred and then serve. Two forks make shredding the meat super simple!
How to make the pot roast gravy:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (or flour) with 1 cup of cold water. Then you need to whisk it together until it is blended completely.
- Remove 2 cups of beef broth from the crockpot. Heat to a boil in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the cornstarch water mixture and allow it to boil (while stirring constantly) until it thickens slightly. It should take about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Watch me make this Mississippi pot roast slow cooker recipe LIVE on Facebook:
If you’re not already convinced that you need to try this Mississippi roast recipe, crock pot style, then maybe seeing how easy it actually comes together will!
This is comfort food at its best! Another favorite is Crock pot chicken pot pie recipe!
What to serve with this Mississippi pot roast crock pot recipe:
I told you this crockpot recipe was easy to make. Serve it with some green beans and our Pressure cooker Mashed Potatoes for a complete, super simple meal! Steamed broccoli and these slow cooker scalloped potatoes are also good options!
Another one of our favorite, crazy easy crockpot meals is Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan. This recipe lets the slow cooker do all the work and dinner is ready and waiting. Those are the best dinners there are!
Try this pepperoncini beef slow cooker recipe today!
Print this Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe below:
Make this Mississippi Pot roast recipe today. You will love this easy slow cooker recipe. Just 4 ingredients for this Mississippi Pot Roast crock pot recipe.
- (1) 3-4 lb roast (any kind will do)
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 jar of Peppercinis with the juice
- 1/2 cup water
Place your roast in the bottom of your crock pot.
Sprinkle the ranch mix over the roast.
Place the stick of butter on top and pour the Peppercinis over it.
Pour water around the roast.
Cook on low for 10 hours.
Shred and Serve
How to make the pot roast gravy:
Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (or flour) with 1 cup of cold water. Whisk together until blended completely.
Remove 2 cups of beef broth from the crock pot. Heat to boil in a sauce pan.
Whisk in the cornstarch water mixture and allow it to boil (while stirring constantly) until thickens slightly. Should take about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Serve it with some green beans and our Pressure cooker Mashed Potatoes for a complete meal.
Try these side dish recipes:
Try these other Keto-Friendly Recipes:
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
- Crockpot Chicken Pesto
- Keto Philly Cheese Steak Skillet
Check out these other delicious slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Roast with peppers
- 4 Ingredient Crockpot Beef Teriyaki Recipe
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Recipe.
- Crockpot Italian Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Roast