Crock pot dill pickle pot roast only has 4 ingredients for an easy dinner. The ranch and pickles combine for a flavor packed and tender roast.
Crock pot dill pickle pot roast Recipe
Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated with this simple 4 ingredient roast beef recipe. Now, you may be thinking that it is an odd combination of ingredients.
The dill flavor from the pickles is subtle and the ranch mix brings it all together for o amazing flavor. The gravy combines with all of this to make something drool worth!
Seriously! This roast is a keeper. Once you make it, your family will want to know when you are making it again.
Be prepared for the entire family to love this recipe.
Ingredients you need
- Beef Roast – Either a Chuck or Rump Roast work great in this recipe
- Brown Gravy Mix
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Baby Dill Pickles – The pickles and the juice.
How to make crockpot dill pickle pot roast
This recipe is very easy. You will simple put all of the ingredients in a crock pot. We used a 6 quart crock pot.
Now just cover and cook. Let the slow cooker do the work. You can cook this on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Once the roast has finished cooking, take the meat out of the crock pot. Shred it with 2 forks and put it back in the juices in the crock pot.
That is all you do. Enjoy!
What type of roast to use:
You can use either a chuck roast or rump roast to make this recipe. Both are delicious.
I often use the one that is on sale!
How to store leftovers?
If you have leftovers, place inside an air tight container and put in the refrigerator. It will keep up to 5 to 7 days.
What should I serve with Dill Pickle Roast?
- Mashed Potatoes taste amazing with the roast. You can spoon the delicious broth over the potatoes. Yum!
- Rice is also good with dill pickle roast. Learn how to freeze rice for a quick and easy side dish during the week.
- Make Sliders – Leftovers are delicious served on sliders. You can also use hamburger buns or sub rolls. My kids love shredded roast sandwiches and it makes a super easy meal.
How to make it less salty?
You can easily use homemade ranch mix to reduce the sodium in this recipe. We have an easy homemade ranch recipe that everyone loves.
Not only will this make it less salty but I like knowing exactly what is in the seasoning. It is very easy to make homemade seasoning so don’t let it intimidate you.
Another option is to reduce the amount of ranch mix that you use. It is easy to adjust to your needs and preference.
This tender roast is just the best. It is amazing what a jar of pickles and ranch mix can do for a roast.
Slow Cooker dill pickle roast is delicious.
The pickle juice really combines with the ranch for the best flavor. Don’t worry about it tasting like pickled beef, because the pickles do not give the roast an over powering flavor.
It really is the best blend of flavor combinations. Your family will love this tender and flavor packed beef roast.
From Sunday lunch with family to busy weeknights, this recipe is perfect for any day of the week. The entire dish is really easy but turns out amazing.
Slow cooking the meat results in such a tender roast with tons of flavor. I hope you give this a try.
Change the pickles – Use sliced pickles instead of whole pickles. You can use a sweet pickle instead of dill for a completely different flavor. I haven’t tried sweet pickles yet, but I bet it would be delicious.
Add in Garlic – You can throw in some minced garlic cloves to bump up the flavor even more.
Print recipe for slow cooker dill pickle roast:
Crock pot Dill Pickle Roast
- 4 lbs Beef Roast – Either a Chuck or Rump Roast work great in this recipe
- 1 packet of Brown Gravy Mix 1 oz.
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix 1 oz.
- 1/2 Jar of Baby Dill Pickles 24 oz – The pickles and the juice.
- Add all the ingredients to a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the meat, shred it with 2 forks and return it back to the juices in the crock pot.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More pot roast recipes to try:
- Instant Pot Mississippi Roast
- Easy Instant Pot Roast Recipe
- The Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Roast Beef with Peppers
- Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe