This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Slow cooker red wine beef brisket recipe is easy to make and so tender and delicious. Lots of veggies and a delicious broth make this a tasty dinner idea any night of the week.
Slow cooker red wine beef brisket recipe
Brisket is so delicious and actually very simple to make. If you haven’t tried cooking it in the crock pot, it really makes it so tender and very easy.
The flavor is intense from being slow cooked all day and gets infused into each bite. It’s our favorite way to cook brisket.
Did you try this recipe for Crock Pot Beef Brisket? You are going to love having another delicious brisket recipe to try in the slow cooker.
I used to think this type of meal was meant for Sunday dinner or special occasions. Now that I know how easy the crock pot makes the brisket, it’s simple enough for busy weeknights!
You will need a good slow cooker to make this crock pot red wine beef brisket.
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Ninja cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
If you are short on time, try making Instant Pot Beef Brisket Recipe.
Ingredients for crock pot beef brisket:
- Beef Brisket
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion
- Salt and pepper
- Dried Thyme
- minced garlic
- Tomato Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Red Wine
- Cold Water
How to make slow cooker red wine beef brisket:
Heat a large skillet over medium heat until the pan is hot. Add in the olive oil.
Brown the brisket on both sides cook for approximately 3-5 minutes. It does not take long!
You can also brown the brisket in your crock pot if you have a sauté setting on your crock pot. We love the the Ninja cooker.
Add the brisket, carrots and onions to the crock pot.
Top with the salt, pepper, thyme and minced garlic. Then pour the tomato sauce, beef broth and wine on top.
Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
Remove the brisket, slice or shred. It will be so tender and very easy to do!
Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan. Whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture in with the beef juice.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
Drizzle the gravy over the brisket, carrot and onions. Enjoy!
What to serve with crock pot red wine beef brisket?
You already have carrots and onion in the crock pot. I have even added a few potatoes to the crock pot and you really have a one pot meal.
Other ideas include:
- Lazy Day Crock Pot Baked Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole
- Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Crock pot ranch style beans recipe
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
Brisket goes with so many side dishes so the ideas are really endless. Yum!
We love to make sandwiches with this slow cooker brisket recipe.
The meat is perfect for making sandwiches or sliders. This is also a great way to use the leftovers.
Shred the meat and make sandwiches everyone will love. They are perfect for meals on the go or a quick dinner or lunch idea.
These are a hit at parties, game day, family dinner and more. Top with The Best Coleslaw Recipe and what an amazing meal!
Can you reheat brisket in a crock pot?
We like to keep the crock pot on warm so that we can enjoy the brisket later. Sometimes with various activities, we are not able to all eat at once.
I can just keep the setting on warm and not have to worry about the meat getting cold.
See How to Reheat Brisket for more tips.
Print this slow cooker beef brisket recipe below:
Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Brisket Recipe
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until the pan is hot. Add in the olive oil. Brown the brisket on both sides cook for approximately 3-5 minutes. ***You can also brown the brisket in your crock pot if you have a sauté setting on your crock pot.
- Add the brisket, carrots and onions to the crock pot.
- Top with the salt, pepper, thyme and minced garlic. Then pour the tomato sauce, beef broth and wine on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Remove the brisket, slice or shred.
- Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture in with the beef juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
- Drizzle the gravy over the brisket, carrot and onions. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy crock pot recipes:
- Crockpot Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Crock Pot Brisket Sandwich Recipe
- Crock Pot Street Tacos
- The Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Creamy Taco Soup