This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Slow Cooker Brisket Chili is the perfect game day chili. It is hearty, delicious and full of flavor. This smoked brisket chili is always a crowd favorite.
We love making chili once the colder weather. In fact, we love it so much that I have made during the summer months. Chili can be made in a variety of ways, but this brisket chili recipe is a favorite.
Chili has the best comfort flavors and combined with spices, hearty beef and beans. This has become our go to chili recipe. If you love chili as much as we do check out these recipes – Copycat Wendy’s Chili, Quick Chili Recipe Texas Roadhouse Chili Recipe, and Slow Cooker Cincinnati Chili Recipe.
Table of Contents
- Why We Love Brisket Chili:
- Brisket Chili Recipe Slow Cooker Variations:
- How to Make Brisket Chili in the Slow Cooker:
- Brisket Chili Slow Cooker Recipe Tips:
- What to Serve with Brisket Chili?
- Crock Pot Brisket Chili Topping Ideas:
- How to Store Leftovers:
- More Easy Crock Pot Chili Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Brisket Chili Recipe
Why We Love Brisket Chili:
- Loaded with Flavor – The simple spices, hearty beef, and beans gives this chili the best flavor and texture.
- Crowd Pleasing Chili – This chili is perfect to serve for your game day party or a holiday meal.
- Easy to Make – We love that the slow cooker does all the work and cooks easily. You can also cook in a Dutch Oven or in a large pot.
We love making it in the slow cooker as everything easily combines quickly and slow cooks all day.
Add your favorite toppings and side dishes to make this complete meal. This chili stores well and is even better the next day.
- Beef Brisket – Trimmed and cut into 1 ½ inch size pieces
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Kosher Salt
- Dried Oregano
- Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Onion, Diced
- Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- Minced Garlic
- Black Beans (15 ounces, rinsed and drained)
- Kidney Beans (15 ounces, rinsed and drained)
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes (14 ounces each)
- Crushed Tomatoes (14 ounces)
- Beef Broth
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe in the recipe card.
Brisket Chili Recipe Slow Cooker Variations:
- Cuts of Meat – You can easily change the meat in this recipe. Feel free to use a chuck roast, chili meat or ground beef to make this recipe.
- Change the Beans – Make this recipe with other types of beans. You can use pinto beans or chili beans.
- Tomatoes – Feel free to add in diced tomatoes or a can of Rotel. Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce is always a good idea.
- Spicy – If you want to add a kick to this Texas chili then add in red pepper flakes.
How to Make Brisket Chili in the Slow Cooker:
Step 1 – Season the Brisket – Add the brisket pieces to a large mixing bowl. Season the brisket with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, oregano and pepper. Stir to thoroughly coat the brisket with the seasoning mixture.
Step 2 – Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the brisket to the pan and cook until all sides of the brisket is browned.
Step 3 – Move the brisket to a crock pot and add all the remaining ingredients to the crock pot with the brisket. This includes the bean and tomatoes.
Step 6 – Cover and Cook – Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Cook until the brisket in the chili is tender.
Step 7 – Serve and enjoy – Serve warm topped with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy.
Brisket Chili Slow Cooker Recipe Tips:
- Seasoning Brisket – When seasoning the brisket make sure to completely cover it to ensure the best flavor.
- Brown Brisket – Cook the brisket in a large skillet in hot oil. You just need to brown the brisket then add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook – Cook the brisket with the other ingredients on low or high until brisket is tender.
What to Serve with Brisket Chili?
There are many side dishes that pair perfectly with this Brisket Chili. It is hearty enough to serve by it self but we love to add a simple and easy side. These are some of our favorites.
- Crackers and Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Frito Chips
- Side Salad
- Grilled Cheese
Crock Pot Brisket Chili Topping Ideas:
When I make these chili, I am usually making it for a crowd. I like to setup a chili bar with all of our favorite toppings. Here are some easy topping ideas.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- Peppers and Onions
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the crockpot brisket chili leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This chili also freezes great. Place the leftover in a freezer safe container and it will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
We like to double the recipe so we can freeze a batch.
More Easy Crock Pot Chili Recipes:
Make sure to let us know by commenting below if you try this Brisket Chili. We love to hear from you.
Slow Cooker Brisket Chili
- 2 pound Brisket – Trimmed and cut into 1 ½ inch size pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 can Black Beans 15 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Kidney Beans 15 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes 14 ounces each
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 14 ounces
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- Add the brisket pieces to a large mixing bowl. Season the brisket with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, oregano and pepper. Stir to thoroughly coat the brisket with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the brisket to the pan (you may have to work in batches depending on the size of your pan). Cook for 5-6 minutes until all sides of the brisket is browned.
- Move the brisket to a crock pot (at least 6 quart).
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the crock pot with the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until the brisket in the chili is tender.
- Serve warm topped with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe