This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Easy and delicious Texas Roadhouse Chili. All the flavors of your favorite restaurants chili made at home with this easy copycat recipe.
Texas Roadhouse Chili Recipe:
The flavors of the famous Texas Roadhouse Chili can now be made at home. This chili is one of my favorites at this restaurant. It is spicy and smoky and full of flavor. This made from scratch chili is made with slices of stew meat instead of ground beef.
We love making chili and copycat recipes. It is a bowl of comfort when the weather starts to get cooler. This chili recipe keeps me coming back for more because of the thick texture and the flavor.
The next time you are looking for an easy chili recipe, this is the one to make. The spices are simple and combined with the stew meat, kidney beans and onions make this copycat chili recipe a family favorite.
Is Texas Roadhouse Chili made from Scratch?
Yes, this chili recipe that Texas Roadhouse is made from scratch daily. It is served on their starter menu but I have eaten as my main meal. This thick and juicy chili is topped with cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Stew Meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Olive Oil
- White Onion, finely diced
- Minced Garlic
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Italian Seasoning
- Brown Sugar
- Black Pepper
- Crushed Tomatoes (15 oz)
- Red Kidney Beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
- White Vinegar
- Cheddar Cheese (for serving)
- Green Onions, sliced (for serving)
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chili:
- Cook Onions in Oil – Heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Sauté the onions until softened and translucent.
- Brown the Stew Meat – Add in the beef and brown it with a wooden spoon (approximately 5-6 minutes). Then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minutes to aromatic. Cook the onions and garlic together with the beef.
- Add in Seasoning –Then add in the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, black pepper and salt.
- Coat meat in Seasoning – Stir until the meat is coated with the seasonings. Then stir in the crushed tomatoes, red kidney beans and vinegar.
- Stirring Occasionally – Simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Stir every 5-7 minutes.
- Add cornmeal – Then stir in the cornmeal and cook for 10-15 minutes on low to thicken the chili.
- Rest Chili – Then remove the chili from the heat, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then serve warm topped with the cheddar cheese and green onions. Enjoy!
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili Tips:
- Add More Meat – If you prefer a chili that is loaded with meats, you can easily add more to this recipe.
- Add More Beans – We love chili because we can make it as our own. You can easily more beans to this recipe, or omit the kidney beans. Use what you have on hand. We have added black beans and
- Tangy Chili – We like that this recipe calls for vinegar. If you don’t like your chili to be a bit tangy, you can always leave it out.
- Add other flavors – You can easily add in sherry, balsamic or cider to enhance the flavoring.
- Vegetables – Add roasted vegetables or you can omit the meat if you would prefer a vegetarian chili.
- Spicy Chili – You can add some slice jalapeno’s or red pepper flakes if you like your chili spicy.
How Long Can you Freeze Chili:
If you like to freeze chili, we give you all the tip and tricks to prepare you chili for the freezer. Freezing chili properly allows you to enjoy chili again and not ruining the flavor or texture.
What to Serve Texas Roadhouse Chili:
We have ideas for the best side dishes for chili that your family will love. Whether you like a topping bar or prefer a hearty side dish, there are options for everyone.
These 41 side dish includes making homemade cornbread, serving with tortilla chips, or making a Frito chili wrap on a tortilla. There are so many different ways to serve chili that your family won’t realize they are eating it again.
Best Chili Toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar cheese – Any kind of shredded cheese. Pepper Jack is delicious too.
- Cracker – Saltines or Ritz Crackers are my favorite.
- Fritos or any kind of chips – Some like to use tortilla chips or Doritos
- Diced onion – Green onion or red onion is a personal favorite
- Hot Sauce – a quick splash will spice it up.
- Cornbread – crumbling cornbread on top of a hot bowl of chili is also delicious.
- Lime Juice – My friend loves topping her chili with this.
How to Thicken Chili:
If you are looking for ways to thicken you chili, we have gathered 8 different ways.
You can thicken your chili just by simple taking off the lid of your crock pot. It can also be thicken by adding cornstarch or flour. These thickening agents are pantry staples that your probably already have.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This hearty chili is even better leftover. The ingredients really marinate together to make it taste amazing the next day.
We like to store in individual containers so it is easy to grab as we head out the door. It make the perfect lunch for my husband.
Easy Chili Recipe:
This chili recipe has become my go-to recipe. It is easy to make and everything is cooked in one-pot. We love how hearty the chili turns out with the stew meat. When we are watching the big game or just hanging out with family, I always prepare a big pot of chili.
You can easily cook the meat with the onions and garlic and toss everything in your slow cooker. You can come home to a hearty meal.
Print Recipe here for Texas Roadhouse Chili:
Texas Roadhouse Chili
- 2 lbs Stew Meat cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Cornmeal
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese for serving
- 2 Green Onions sliced (for serving)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Sauté the onions until softened and translucent.
- Add in the beef and brown it with a wooden spoon (approximately 5-6 minutes). Then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minutes to aromatic.
- Then add in the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, black pepper and salt. Stir until the meat is coated with the seasonings. Then stir in the crushed tomatoes, red kidney beans and vinegar.
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Stir every 5-7 minutes.
- Then stir in the cornmeal and cook for 10-15 minutes on low to thicken the chili.
- Then remove the chili from the heat, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then serve warm topped with the cheddar cheese and green onions. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Copycat Texas Roadhouse Recipes:
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter Recipe
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning
- Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib Recipe