Enjoy Texas Roadhouse Steak at home with this easy recipe. We have the best tips to make Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak.
Texas Roadhouse Steak
Texas copycat steak is a delicious recipe that you can easily make at home. If you love Texas Roadhouse as much as we do, this recipe is a must try.
The secret is the steak seasoning and learning how to perfectly grill the meat. We are going to show you the best tips and tricks to enjoy a great steak at home.
What is the best steak to grill?
The recipe is written for a sirloin steak but this rub can easily be used on any cut of steak you prefer.
Other steaks to grill include:
- Bone in ribeye
- Steak Strip
- Sirloin Steak
- Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder (See The Best Garlic Powder Substitute0
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Salt
How to make Texas roadhouse steak seasoning:
- Combine all ingredients for the seasonings together in a large bowl. Combine until mixed together thoroughly. You can also add white sugar for a little bit of added sweetness to the rub. Check out our Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning for the full recipe.
How to make Texas Roadhouse Steak:
- Rub the steak with seasoning. Use about 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning mixture on each steak. Generously rub the front and back of the seasoning.
The amount of Copycat Texas roadhouse steak rub will vary depending on the size of your steak.
- Let the steak sit for 30 minutes. Allow the seasoning to sit on the steak for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
Tip: You can store extra the steak rub recipe inside old spice jars.
How to grill steak
- Preheat the grill. The grill needs to be hot when you put the steaks on it. It should be at 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the grill grates. Wipe oil on the grill grates or use cooking spray.
- Place steaks on grill. Let the steaks cook for 3 to 5 minutes. This will vary depending on how you like your steak cooked.
- Flip the steaks. Cook the other side for another 3 to 5 minutes depending on how you like your steak cooked.
Let the steak rest
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest. The steaks need to rest at least 5 minutes before cutting or serving. This allows the juices to stay in the steak and all of that amazing flavor.
Jump to recipe below.
How to cook steak perfectly?
The best way to test for doneness is by inserting an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the steak. This will eliminate having to cut and see or guess.
Use this guide:
- Rare – 120 degrees F, cool to warm red center
- Medium Rare – 130 degrees F, Warm red center
- for Medium – 140 degrees F, Hot pink center
- Medium Well – 150 degrees F, Mostly brown center
- Well Done – 160 degrees F, full brown in color
Why do chefs put butter on steak?
Butter gives the steak extra richness. It really is delicious and adds to the flavor of the steak.
The butter combines with the steak juices to make each bite amazing.
What to serve with steak?
Find more ideas with the best side dishes for steak.
If you want an easy dessert, try this Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe.
Print this Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak recipe below:
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak
- 2 lbs Sirloin Steak
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- Stir together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl to thoroughly combine.
- Rub approximately 1 Tbsp of the seasoning mixture on each steak (front and back). Generously apply the seasoning. It may be more or less than 1 Tbsp depending on the size of your steak.
- Let the steak sit with the seasoning on it for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat a grill to 400 degrees F.
- Spray the grill gates with oil or wipe them with oil.
- Place steaks on a hot grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on how you like your steak cooked.
- Flip the steak over and grill for an additional 3 to 5 minutes depending on how you like your steak cooked.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Texas Roadhouse Copycat Recipes:
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Chicken Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Seasoned Rice
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls Recipe