This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Grilled steak kabobs recipe has everything you need for a great meal. Flavorful steak and tender veggies combine on a skewer for an amazing dinner. Plus, it is so easy and hardly any clean up!
Grilled steak kabobs recipe
Our entire family loves this grilled steak kabobs recipe. It has the best marinade and even the veggies take on the best flavor. I love that everything is on the grill and my kitchen stays cool. You might also like our shish kabob recipe.
If you are looking for the perfect summer meal, this is the one to try. It is also a great way to serve steak and stretch your budget.
The bite size pieces of steak alternated with veggies really help to stretch your your steak. It is perfect to feed a crowd or large family for dinner.
We love it for parties because everything is cut up and on a skewer making it easy to eat. No one has to cut up anything.
What is the best steak for kabobs?
We used sirloin because it is lean and tender. Other cuts of steak to use include flat iron and any inexpensive cut of meat. Since you are marinating the meat, it will become tender even if it is a less expensive steak.
This is a very budget friendly meal and a great way to enjoy steak for less.
Steak kabob marinade ingredients:
- balsamic vinegar
- soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- cloves garlic, finely minced
- Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- onion powder
- beef sirloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- package mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half
- multi-colored peppers, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- large red onion, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
This all comes together for a delicious marinade with so much flavor on the steak and veggies.
How to grill steak kabobs:
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for marinade. Cut steak into pieces and add to large resealable bag.
Pour marinade over steak, seal bag and place in refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Remove steak from bag and discard marinade.
Thread steak and vegetables onto skewers. You can make these however you want!
You will love the flavor from the steak kabob marinade!
How long to grill steak kabobs?
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place kabobs onto hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. It does not take long at all!
Remove from grill and serve immediately. This is so easy and a great meal all around.
Skewers – if using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes before using. This is super important so they don’t catch on fire while cooking.
If using metal skewers, handle with care using a hot pad.
What to serve with beef kabobs:
- Grilled Zucchini Spears
- Easy Macaroni Salad
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- Grilled Zucchini Foil Packs Recipe
- Easy Greek Salad Recipe
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe
- Balsamic Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Zucchini with Teriyaki Sauce
- Easy Grilled Corn
We love all of these and they are all very simple to prepare. Sometimes we will put some baked potatoes in the crock pot and enjoy a potato with our steak. Yum!
You can also put bread on the grill if you would like to add this to the meal. It only takes a few minutes and gets gorgeous seared grilled marks on the slices. French bread is a great option.
Steak kabobs are super easy and goes with anything!
Try making budget friendly beef kabobs today!
It is a great meal to use what you have. We love making this in the summer when vegetable are plentiful and on sale. You can easily use other veggies to make the kabobs.
Just use what your family prefers or you can get on sale. Potatoes and corn are also delicious layered with the veggies and steak.
It is also so easy to modify these for each family member. You can easily customize each skewer and add extra of things or omit certain veggies.
We also like to make a few skewers with only veggies. It is a great side dish on its own and so easy on the grill.
We are big fans of using what we have or can grab on sale at the grocery store. By cooking like this, it really helps me to save money on groceries.
It is a huge help to our budget. I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Save that money for something else!
Print this easy grilled steak kabobs recipe below:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound beef sirloin cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 8 oz package mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half
- 1 package multi-colored peppers cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for marinade
- Cut steak into pieces and add to large resealable bag
- Pour marinade over steak, seal bag and place in refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours
- Remove steak from bag and discard marinade
- Cut vegetables
- Thread steak and vegetables onto skewers **see notes
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Place kabobs onto hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side
- Remove from grill and serve immediately
If using metal skewers, handle with care using a hot pad
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
We love to grill. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe for steak kabobs, you might like to try some more delicious grilling recipes.
Try these other easy grilling recipes:
- Grilled Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with BBQ
- Catalina Glazed Grilled Chicken
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Grilled Corn
- BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 50 Healthy Grilling Recipes for you to try
- Over 60 Delicious Grilling Recipes!
- How to Grill Hot Dogs – perfectly everytime