Grilled Zucchini Foil Pack Recipe is the easiest side dish and clean up is a breeze. The veggies have the best flavor from the grill and it is so frugal.
Grilled Zucchini Foil Pack Recipe
We love foil pack recipes and during the Summer they are on constant rotation around here. Whether we are making Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes or Foil Packet Bacon Ranch Chicken Recipe, dinner time is so easy with these foil pack recipes.
There is literally no clean up at all which is amazing and you just can’t beat the flavor from the grill. No need to heat up the kitchen during those hot summer months when you can just cook dinner on the grill!
This summer squash is the perfect summer side dish. Whenever we grill, we like to grill our side dishes. Zucchini goes well with grilled steaks, chicken or pork chops. This quick and easy side dish is a family favorite.
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
Just a few ingredients and you will have the best zucchini ever! It is simple and delicious.
How to Grill Zucchini in a Foil Pack:
- Step 1 – Prepare Zucchini – Lay a sheet of foil. Cut the zucchini into large pieces and place them on the foil.
- Step 2 – Season Zucchini – Drizzle with the the olive oil and season with the minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Wrap Zucchini in Foil – Double fold top of foil and make the foil packet. Grill for just a few minutes on each side while flipping in the middle of that. We like to use heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Open and serve this delicious side dish.
How do you Make a Foil Pack for Grilling:
Making a foil pack is a quick and easy way to prepare you side dishes.
- Prepare but tearing off a large piece of foil. The size of foil will depend on how much you are grilling.
- Lay the foil on the counter and place your chopped vegetables on the foil.
- Drizzle the top of the vegetables with oil and season.
- Take the two sides of the foil and place them together.
- Then roll the sides down to the vegetables. Do the ends the same way.
- There is no need to pierce the foil packets with a fork.
- The foil packet is now ready to be place on the grill.
How Long to Grill Zucchini in Foil:
Zucchini grilled in foil only takes a few minutes on each side. I like to place the vegetable packets on the grill when the meat is almost finished cooking.
Flip the packet several times, to ensure that the vegetables are evenly cooked. If you cut your zucchini in larger pieces it could take a few minutes to cook.
Tip for grilled zucchini packet on the grill:
- Carefully Open Foil Packet – The zucchini side dish continues to cook after you pull it off the grill. Go ahead and open up the packet quickly and remove it right before it is done, so you don’t end up with soggy zucchini.
- Crispy Zucchini – I like my zucchini still slightly crispy so make sure to open the packet if you prefer the zucchini the same.
- Slice Zucchini – Make sure to slice the zucchini about the same size. This way all pieces cook evenly.
- Seasoning – Make sure to put some kind of oil or butter in the foil packet. This prevents the vegetables from sticking in the foil.
- Heavy Duty Foil – When grilling foil packets, we recommend buying the heavy duty foil. This prevents it from tearing as your grill when cooked on high heat.
How to Grill Zucchini and Squash on the stove:
You can easily grill the veggies on the stove if you have a grill pan. Another option is to put the foil pack in the oven for a quick and easy side dish option.
We have made squash and zucchini foil packets in oven when the weather was bad and we could not grill. Clean up is still so easy even if you use your oven.
This recipe is so versatile and easy. We love foil pack recipes make sure to save this recipe.
Variations for Grilled Zucchini:
- Parmesan Zucchini – Grated Parmesan Cheese is one my favorite ways to make this recipe. It adds so much flavor and we always have this ingredient in our fridge. Zucchini Parmesan is a quick and easy side dish that is perfect with any grilled meats.
- Garlic Powder – We used minced garlic in this recipe, but you can easily use garlic powder.
- Other Seasoning – Feel free to add in other seasoning to this recipe. Italian seasoning would be a great addition.
- Other Vegetables – Foil packs are great to cook a mixture of vegetables together. Yellow squash is a great addition to this foil pack.
- Change the Flavoring – We love to squeeze lemon, but I love to drizzle some balsamic vinegar and top with slice almonds or bacon bits.
How to Store Zucchini Grilled in Foil:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can reheat these grilled zucchini in the microwave or reheat on the stove top.
We like to store in individual containers with our grilled meats for a quick lunch the next day.
Easy Summer Side Dish:
If you are looking for an easy summer side dish, slice zucchini grills perfectly. You can easily find this vegetable at your local grocery store. The seasoning can be changed or add cheese for added favor.
It only takes a few minutes to grill and the results are a delicious side dish that everyone will enjoy.
Print this Grilled Zucchini Foil Pack Recipe:
Grilled Zucchini Foil Packs
- 3 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Lay out 1 sheet of foil.
- Cut zucchini into large pieces.
- Place on the piece of foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic
- Fold up the foil, making a foil packet.
- Place packet on the grill for about 5 minutes per side, flipping one time in the middle of that.
- Open the packet immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Zucchini Recipes:
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe
- Balsamic Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Zucchini with Teriyaki Sauce
More Foil Packet Recipes:
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Pesto Butter Veggie Foil Packets for the Grill
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Foil Packet Meal
This recipe sounds amazing, and easy!! I can’t wait to try it!! How many pieces of foil are used, it doesn’t specify, and how long and what temperature do i use for the oven version? I have a ninja foodie/grill that i can bake in without heating up the house.