This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Parmesan Grilled Zucchini Recipe is a must try side dish that even the kids will love. It is so simple to prepare, inexpensive and healthy. Not to mention the grill gives the zucchini such an amazing flavor.
Easy Grilled Parmesan Zucchini Recipe
Once the summer grilling season hits, I love grilling out zucchini. To be honest, I don’t think you can cook zucchini any other way than grilled. There is something about the grilled flavor and the crispiness of the zucchini that makes it so fabulous.
If you loved our Grilled Zucchini Spears Recipe and Grilled Zucchini Foil Packs Recipe. Then you will love this recipe for Parmesan Grilled Zucchini.
Zucchini is so plentiful in the summer and this recipe is a great way to use your fresh produce. It is so cheap right now, so you need to throw some on the grill. Grilled Zucchini makes the perfect side dish to all your BBQ’s.
Once you try it, you will make it all summer long. This is one of our favorite veggies.
What do you need to make Grilled Zucchini?
- Fresh Zucchini
- Salt and Pepper
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese
I told you it was very simple!
How to Make Zucchini on the Grill with Parmesan:
- Step 1 – Season Zucchini – Place the cut zucchini in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands to coat the zucchini with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 2 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat approximately 400 degrees. Clean the grill grates and rub them with an oil. This keeps the zucchini from sticking to the grill.
- Step 3 – Add Zucchini to Grill – Place the zucchini spears directly on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the zucchini is slightly charred. Flip and grill for 3-4 more minutes on the opposite side until the zucchini is tender.
- Step 4 – Top with Cheese – Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese on top of the zucchini. Allow it to set for 1-2 minutes until melted.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy.
How Long to Grill Zucchini:
Placing the zucchini on the grill doesn’t take long to cook. The zucchini slices grill in about 5 minutes or until they are charred. You can even place the zucchini on a grill pan or cook in a foil packet.
All results in a delicious summertime side dish.
Can I Make in the Oven?
Yes, you can easily make this side dish in the oven. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees and place the zucchini squash on a baking sheet. Then cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure to not over cook it.
Remove the zucchini from the oven and top with the parmesan cheese.
You can also make this side dish in the air fryer. We love using out air fryer and it only takes a few minutes to make the zucchini tender.
Tips for grilled zucchini parmesan:
- Cooking Zucchini – Zucchini cooks very quickly so make sure not to leave it too long. If cooked to long the zucchini could turn to mush.
- Seasoning – In less than 10 minutes, your family can enjoy a delicious and healthy side dish. Try adding some red pepper flakes for a little kick. I love that it is so quick to fix zucchini. Feel free to add in balsamic vinegar or Italian seasoning.
- Cutting Zucchini – Make sure to prepare large zucchini by washing and slicing the zucchini. We like to grill this summer squash in large pieces to prevent them falling into the grill. Cut the sides and then cut in half. You can also cut them in zucchini fries for a fun twist.
- Lemon – For added flavor feel free to squeeze fresh lemon juice over the zucchini. You can even add in lemon zest to the seasoning mixture.
- Kabobs – Another way we enjoy zucchini or cutting into rings and placing on skewers.
What to Serve with Grilled Zucchini Spears:
- Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia
- Grilled Mahi Mahi (Ready in 15 minutes)
How to Store Leftovers:
Store you leftover zucchini in an air tight container. This makes a perfect side side for lunch the next day. Store with your leftover steak or chicken for a healthy lunch.
Print Parmesan grilled zucchini recipe:
Parmesan Grilled Zucchini Recipe
- Place the cut zucchini in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands to coat the zucchini with the oil and seasonings.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Clean the grill grates and rub them with an oil to keep the zucchini from sticking to the grill.
- Place the zucchini spears directly on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the zucchini is slightly charred. Flip and grill for 3-4 more minutes on the opposite side until the zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese on top of the zucchini. Allow it to set for 1-2 minutes until melted.
- Remove from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy zucchini recipes:
- Grilled Zucchini Spears
- Grilled Zucchini Foil Packs Recipe
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe
- Balsamic Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Zucchini with Teriyaki Sauce