Enjoy crispy and delicious fish without frying or extra oil when you make this easy baked parmesan crusted tilapia. It is a family favorite and so tasty with the best coleslaw recipe.
Baked parmesan crusted tilapia
I really enjoy cooking tilapia because it is is one of the easiest fish to cook with. Plus, it doesn’t come with that “fishy” taste that so many people are afraid of when they try fish. It is a great type of fish to use if you are just starting to think about cooking fish.
This Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is just as easy as the rest but we are putting a different spin on it. You will love it!
Now many people have done parmesan crusted chicken or even fish, but we are doing it even easier. Keep reading to see just how simple and delicious this recipe is.
- tilapia fillets
- panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Parmesan Crusted tilapia:
1. First, whisk together the eggs and water and set aside. You will need this in a minute.
2. Second, add the bread crumbs and seasoning to a separate bowl.
3. Next, dip the tilapia in the egg mixture and then in the panko bread crumbs. You want to make sure the fish is completely coated all over with bread crumbs. Repeat this step until all of the tilapia has been coated.
4. Melt the butter in your skillet.
5. Finally, add the fish and cover and cook for a few minutes. Gently turn the fish over and cook on the other side.
This takes 3-4 minutes per side.
What to serve with Tilapia:
- Coleslaw – Homemade is easy and we have a great recipe here. It is delicious served on the side or enjoy leftover tilapia as a sandwich with slaw on top.
- Green beans or broccoli – both of these are easy and always make an easy veggie side dish on busy weeknights.
- lemon wedges- Serve on the side so everyone can sprinkle the fish with lots of fresh lemon. Yum!
- Baked Potato – easy to make microwave baked potatoes save so much time.
Money Saving Tip:
Now I normally buy my Tilapia at Sam’s because it I love how they are individually frozen. I can thaw them in water in about 5 minutes.
So from freezer to plate is about 25 minutes. You really don’t have excuses not to eat healthy now.
Plus I find it more reasonably priced at Sam’s. If you have any extra tips to save on Tilapia, I would love to know. Make sure you leave a comment and let us know how this turns out for you.
Baked parmesan tilapia recipe is the best!
This is one of our favorite dinner recipes and you can’t get easier than baked tilapia. It is such an easy recipe that takes only minutes to get dinner on the table for your family.
This quick and easy recipe is a must try. It takes less than 20 minutes and you can’t even get take out that fast. Plus, look at the money you will save and your family gets a healthy meal.
Don’t let dinner time stress you out. Easy recipes like this come together to fast that dinner time is truly a breeze. This is a great example of a great recipe you can enjoy even if you forget to take something out of the freezer.
Try it this week and let us know how it turns out!
Print this Baked Parmesan Crusted Tilapia Recipe below:
You have to try this delicious parmesan crusted tilapia recipe. It is easy to make and tastes amazing! It is one of our favorite tilapia recipes.
- 5 Tilapia filets Defrosted if frozen
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Set aside. In a separate small bowl, combine the Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic salt and pepper.
Dip each tilapia filet into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture. Make sure that the fish are completely coated.
Once all the filets are coated, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Place the fish in the skillet, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn the fish filets over, cover again and cook for additional 3-4 minutes until the fish are flakey. Note: You make have to cook the fish is batches based on the size of your skillet.
Serve immediately with the fresh lemon slices and enjoy!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 3-4 days.
More easy tilapia recipes:
- Easy Baked Tilapia Recipe
- Lemon Pepper grilled Tilapia
- The Best Blackened Tilapia Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Garlic Parmesan Tilapia