Shrimp, corn and more come together for a meal everyone will love in this Crock Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe. This slow cooker shrimp boil is a must try and easy enough to enjoy any day of the week.
Everything you need for a great meal is in the slow cooker making dinner a breeze.
Crock Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe
We love a good shrimp boil but so often time just does not allow. I started thinking about how our family could enjoy a seafood boil even during busy weeknights. The crock pot of course!
You know we love a good slow cooker recipe around here and it dawned on me that was the solution to enjoying a shrimp boil more frequently! Oh my goodness! It turned out fantastic!
My family was excited to find out we could enjoy this even during busy weeks of school, work, activities and more! Literally everything goes into the crock pot and you can come home to dinner waiting!
If you love a good low country boil, this recipe is sure to be a huge hit! It is so yummy!
Make sure you have a good slow cooker for this cajun shrimp boil crock pot recipe.
You are probably wondering what makes the Ninja different than just a regular slow cooker? The great thing about the Ninja is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker and save a ton of time and clean up.
Talk about a time saver! It cuts down on pans to clean and just makes thinks really simple.
It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances. We just love ours.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
Anything to make life easier and cut down on the stress of getting dinner on the table fast.
What to serve with crock pot shrimp boil?
This meal truly has everything you need in the slow cooker- shrimp, corn, potatoes and more! No need to complicate things when this is truly a one pot meal.
The only things I would add include:
- Hot sauce
- Melted Butter
- Lemon slices
- French bread
The bread really is optional but I love it to soak up any extra butter. 🙂
Tips for the best slow cooker shrimp boil:
Make sure your crock pot is large enough. The corn takes up a lot of room so this isn’t the recipe to use the small crockpot. Break out the large one!
If you find the crock pot is too full, you can take out the corn when you add the shrimp. This will help.
Don’t skip the Old Bay seasoning. This is the key to the shrimp boil so it is super important!
What do I need to make this seafood boil recipe?
- Small Red-Skinned Potatoes
- Andouille Sausage
- corn on the cob
- Minced Garlic
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- parsley leaves
How to make this Crockpot Shrimp recipe?
If you can toss things into a slow cooker, you can make this recipe. That is how simple this meal is!
The potatoes go in first. Next, layer the sausage, corn and seasoning.
Squeeze lots of lemon over all of that and pour the chicken broth over everything. Don’t stir!
Cover and cook. About 10-15 minutes before serving, add the shrimp.
Strain everything and put on a sheet pan. Pour the melted butter over everything and top with chopped parsley.
The melted butter is my favorite part. 🙂 Yum!
Keep reading for the full recipe.
This is the best shrimp boil recipe!
The recipe is so easy and your family will absolutely love this meal idea! It reminds of the beach and vacation every time we make it.
It is so good! You might also like to try crawfish shrimp and crab boil.
You will love the shrimp boil seasoning!
Everything is seasoned perfectly and tastes amazing. I like to add a little extra butter and fresh squeezed lemon over mine. Yum!
You can’t go wrong with this delicious meal. I can’t wait for you to try it and see just how simple and easy it is.
The flavor is really just the best! The crock pot cooks everything to perfection.
Everything is so tender and flavor packed! I just love that we can now enjoy this any day of the week.
The crock pot is the best and how we make dinner time work around here!
Print this crock pot shrimp boil recipe below:
Crock Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe
- 1 1/2 Pound Small Red-Skinned Potatoes Quartered
- 1 Pound Andouille Sausage Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 ears corn shucked, cut into smaller pieces (I cut it into thirdor use Frozen Corn on the Cob
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Medium Lemon – Halved
- 1 32 oz Container of Chicken Broth
- 2 pounds of large raw shrimp Peeled and Deveined with Tails still on
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- Parsley Leaves for serving
- Put the potatoes in a single layer at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add sausage, corn, minced garlic and old bay seasoning to the top of the potatoes.
- Squeeze the lemon halves over these ingredients and put the halves in the crock pot as well.
- Pour the chicken broth over the ingredients. This broth should come up about halfway up the corn. Do not stir at this point.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Next add the shrimp and gently stir in with the other ingredients. You can remove the corn if the crock pot is too full to add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp is done and changes to the pink color – usually about 10-15 minutes.
- Strain all the ingredients and transfer to a sheet pan.
- Pour melted butter over all the ingredients topped with chopped parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Baja Shrimp Tacos Recipe can be ready in only 5 minutes.
If you love shrimp, then you are going to love this quick and easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe.