This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Recipe is such a quick and delicious meal idea. The flavor from the grill and all the seasoning from the shrimp make for an amazing recipe. Dinner can be ready in just minutes.
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
You are going to love this Grilled Shrimp recipe. The garlic and Parmesan in all that melted butter taste amazing. It is such a simple recipe yet tastes SO good.
It is the perfect Summer time recipe when you want to throw a BBQ or just a quick dinner for your family. No need to spend tons of time planning or preparing.
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Shrimp Recipe can be put together and cooked without much work at all. It’s seriously that quick and easy. You might also like Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe.
What to serve with shrimp?
Leftovers are delicious served over salad the next day. We like to do this for lunch or another quick dinner idea. See Side Dishes for Shrimp for more ideas.
Why we love grilled parmesan shrimp:
- This meal can be thrown together in very little time. It is perfect for busy weeknights.
- It is packed with flavor.
- The recipe is budget friendly.
How long to grill shrimp?
Shrimp is very quick to cook. It only takes 5-7 minutes before the shrimp is finished cooking.
It is super fast and a very quick meal.
How to know when shrimp is done?
Shrimp turns opaque white with a pink tone once cooked. If it is still translucent grey, it needs to cook longer.
Let’s get started grilling shrimp.
The entire family will enjoy this meal. It does not disappoint.
Ingredients for Grilled Shrimp recipe:
- Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon, juiced
- Fresh Parsley
How to grill shrimp:
Preheat the grill. You want the grill hot when you place the shrimp on it.
- Add the shrimp to a bowl. Then add the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Combine all of this together to coat the shrimp.
The seasoning should be all over each shrimp to ensure the best flavor. Make sure to gently toss the shrimp in the garlic seasoning mixture so you not damage the shrimp.
- Put the shrimp directly on the grill grates. Allow the shrimp to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. The shrimp should turn bright pink when it is cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill. Place the shrimp on a plate.
- Add fresh lemon juice. Top the shrimp with fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
The garlic butter parmesan flavor is delicious on this grilled shrimp. You can add black pepper before serving if you desire to the garlic shrimp.
Just make sure to add the lemon juice after grilling. It really takes the flavor up a level.
- You can use a grill basket or cast iron skillet. I love grilling the shrimp directly on the grill gates. However, if your shrimp is smaller and you’re concerned that it will fall through the grate, you can cook the shrimp on a cast iron skillet on the grill.
- Do not overcook the shrimp. It does not take long for shrimp to cook. Be careful that you do not cook it too long or it will be tough.
- Fresh lemon juice is best. While bottled will do in a pinch, fresh is always best.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer on the grill. This will ensure even cooking and that each shrimp has those gorgeous grill marks.
- Try other types of seasoning. Old Bay is delicious with shrimp.
- Lime juice makes a good substitution for lemon juice.
- Omit the Parmesan cheese.
- Baste the shrimp with barbecue sauce instead of the other seasonings.
- Place the shrimp on skewers. This is a fun way to serve the shrimp. It is also helpful if you are concerned with the shrimp falling on the grill.
- Cook the shrimp on a baking sheet instead of grilling them. Just cook at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on the shrimp as you do not want to overcook them.
- Use Italian seasoning and olive oil for a tasty flavor combination.
Easy grilled shrimp dinner idea
This meal idea is so fast and easy. Anyone can make it in minutes. Grilled shrimp is the perfect weeknight meal but special enough for gatherings and more.
Once you make this, you will see just how quick and easy it is. The flavor is easy without much work. This dish does not require any prep work.
Anyone can make this easy dinner.
This Grilled Shrimp recipe is amazing.
We make this frequently during the summer. It’s the perfect recipe to make ahead and serve for a crowd.
Grilling shrimp is so easy and really delicious. Serve this recipe today for an instant crowd favorite. Everyone will definitely like this meal.
I love to make this for guests and it is always a hit. Our entire family loves it as well.
Give it a try for a delicious meal year round. Don’t save it for special occasions or cookouts. It is easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
Print this Garlic Parmesan shrimp recipe below:
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F and brush the grill grates with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking.
- Make sure the shrimp is defrosted.
- Place the shrimp is a bowl. Add in the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Toss the ingredients together to coat the shrimp.
- Then gently place the shrimp directly on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp turns bright pink and is cooked through.
- Then move the shrimp to a plate. Top with the fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley and the grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More shrimp recipes:
- Quick and Easy Shrimp Alfredo
- Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- Panko Shrimp
- Hibachi Shrimp Recipe