This Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia recipe is so easy it is hard to even call it a recipe. However, this grilled Tilapia is so good I just had to post it! In fact… you can have dinner ready in under 10 minutes!
Now if you want… you can invest in a fish grilling basket, like these, for around $20. Those are nice for a “crispier” fish crust, but we for tilapia, I like it nice and juicy. Instead we use foil packets.
We buy our Tilapia at sam’s because it is individually packaged and it is very convenient. We take it out of the freeze, run water over it to loosen the package and place it right in our foil pack and straight to the grill. There is no need to thaw! I just love that.
For this Lemon pepper Grilled Tilapia recipe you only need 4 things!
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Olive oil or Olive oil spray
- Tilapia fillets
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning (1/2 tsp for each)
- Olive Oil Spray
- Tear foil so you have enough to cover each Tilapia separately.
- Start the grill and heat it up.
- Spray foil with olive oil spray.
- Place Tilapia on the foil (can be frozen)
- Add Lemon pepper seaoning.
- Fold up the foil to make a foil packet for each Tilapia.
- Place directly on the grill for 8 minutes. (you can flip it but you don't need to)
It is easy to tell when this Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia is done!
Tilapia is white when it is raw but it is more of a translucent white. You know when Tilapia is cooked and ready to eat when the white becomes more of a solid white and the fish begins to fall apart.
This recipe is really easy on the budget.
Fish obviously isn’t the cheapest meat to eat, but Tilapia is one of the “nicer” fish that is lesser expensive. If you want to save money on it, then do like our family and buy it in bulk. You will save atleast $1 or $2 per pound by buying it frozen in bulk than fresh.
If you are afraid of fish, then try Tilapia. I think you will be impressed with how “non fishy” it tastes. Try it!
Here are a few great side dish recipes to try with this meal: