This Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia Recipe is so easy it is hard to even call it a recipe. You can have dinner in under 10 minutes that is seasoned to perfection and so amazing!
Grilled Tilapia Recipe
We love this Grilled Tilapia recipe. It is perfect for when you are really busy and need dinner in minutes. The Lemon Pepper Seasoning really gives the Tilapia so much flavor.
Cooking the Tilapia in foil helps perfectly flaky, flavorful fish every time. This fish recipe has been our go-to this summer. It is light and healthy and every one loves it. I like to pair this Grilled Tilapia with some summer vegetables and rice to complete the meal.
It is quick and easy dinner idea that saves me time and money. The seasoning is a staple ingredient and the process to make these Grilled Tilapia is less than 10 minutes.
How do you Grill Tilapia without it Falling apart?
The best way from keeping your tilapia from falling through the grill grates, is to cook the tilapia in foil. Cooking the Tilapia in foil also prevents the tilapia from sticking to the grates.
Cooking in foil is a great way to add in cherry tomatoes with your Tilapia. It also keeps the moisture locked in which results in flavorful fish. You still get the flavors of grilling your fish but keeping it in foil allows you to enjoy it even more.
You only need 4 things to make grilled tilapia.
- Tilapia fillets
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
How to Grill Lemon Pepper Tilapia:
- Prepare Foil – Tear the foil into 6 equal pieces for each tilapia filet.
- Add Tilapia – Place a tilapia filet on each piece of foil.
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the outdoor grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Season Tilapia in Foil – Drizzle the olive oil over each filet and sprinkle each one with approximately ½ tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning. You can also use cooking spray.
- Prepare the Foil – Fold up the sides and the top of the foil to make a foil pack.
- Grill Tilapia in Foil – Place directly on the grill for 8-10 minutes until the tilapia reaches an internal temperature for 145 degrees F.
- Serve and Enjoy – Be careful when unwrapping the foil packets and then the tilapia is ready to enjoy. Season with salt and black pepper and serve.
How long to Grill Tilapia:
In just 8 minutes, you will have the absolute best meal. It is easy to tell when this Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia is done.
It really only takes a few minutes per side and dinner is ready. You will love having such a quick and easy recipe to cook.
How to tell when Tilapia is done:
Tilapia is white fish when it is raw but it is more of a translucent white. You know when Tilapia is cooked and ready to eat when the white becomes more of a solid white it flakes easily with a fork.
What Temperature do I Grill Tilapia?
Heat your grill to medium high heat so that the fish will sear. You want the internal temperature of the fish to be 145 degrees. We recommend using a meat thermometer to make sure that the Tilapia is done.
Lemon Pepper Tilapia is Budget Friendly:
Fish obviously isn’t the cheapest meat to eat, but Tilapia is one of the “nicer” fish that is lesser expensive.
If you want to save money on it, then do like our family and buy it in bulk. You will save at least $1 or $2 per pound by buying it frozen in bulk than fresh.
What does Grilled Tilapia taste like?
If you are afraid of fish, then try Tilapia. I think you will be impressed with how “non fishy” it tastes.
Some of our family really does not care for fish and they like Tilapia. It has a great flavor and the lemon pepper really jazzes it up.
What to Serve with Grilled Tilapia?
- Cauliflower Rice
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe
- See Best Sides for Tilapia for more side dishes.
Can I use a Grill Basket to Grill Tilapia?
Yes, you can use a fish grilling basket like these, for around $20. Those are nice for a “crispier” fish crust, but for tilapia, I like it nice and juicy. Instead we use foil packets.
You can also use a grill pan if you prefer.
Do I need to defrost Tilapia before Grilling?
We buy our Tilapia at Sam’s because it is individually packaged and it is very convenient. We take it out of the freezer, run water over it to loosen the package and place it right in our foil pack and straight to the grill.
There is no need to thaw! I just love this easy tilapia recipe. This is such a big help when we need dinner fast.
How to Season Tilapia:
For our seasoning this time, we used lemon pepper seasoning. You can buy it almost in any store for just a few dollars and it tastes amazing on fish and chicken.
Tear your foil so that you have enough for each piece of tilapia. Drizzle the foil with olive oil, put the fish inside and top with lemon pepper seasoning. You can seasoning to a bowl and whisk then drizzle over tilapia.
If you don’t have lemon seasoning, you can use what you have. It is also flavorful with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
How to Store Leftover Tilapia:
Refrigerate any leftover tilapia in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
Grill Lemon Pepper Tilapia is the Perfect Weeknight Meal:
Dinners that are super quick like this recipe help make busy seasons of life less hectic. My family can still enjoy a great meal without any prep work at all.
You can get dinner on the table in 10 minutes.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Lemon Pepper Tilapia:
Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia Recipe
- 6 Tilapia filets
- 3 teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Tear the foil into 6 equal pieces for each tilapia filet. Place a tilapia filet on each piece of foil.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Drizzle the olive oil over each filet and sprinkle each one with approximately ½ tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Place directly on the grill for 8-10 minutes until the tilapia reaches an internal temperature for 145 degrees F.
- Be careful when unwrapping the foil packets and then the tilapia is ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe