This Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi Recipe is a fun twist on traditional easy shrimp scampi! If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal for the family, this is it! It’s loaded with flavor from the garlic butter sauce and is ready in 10 minutes!
Today’s new recipe is a fun twist on a traditional shrimp scampi recipe. You are going to love this cilantro lime shrimp scampi recipe. It is delicious!
If you love easy seafood recipes, then you are going to love this quick and easy cilantro lime shrimp scampi recipe. Ready in under 20 minutes, more like about 10 minutes, you have no excuses not to make this super simple and healthy pasta recipe.
The cilantro and lime combined with the spiciness of the red pepper flakes make this the perfect combination for an easy yet delicious Shrimp Scampi.
I’ve decided this year to bring you more healthier food, because I need to lose some weight. Don’t we all? It is time for me to start taking a little bit more time to enjoy some healthier food and share them with you.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive to be healthy and delicious.
Another favorite is this quick and easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe. It’s amazing!
- Butter (Olive oil or coconut oil also work!)
- Shrimp (not frozen, needs to be thawed)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Lime, freshly squeezed
- Chicken Broth (or you can use water)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Angel Hair Pasta or Zucchini Noodles
What time of Shrimp is used for this recipe:
I used raw shrimp with the tails-on for this recipe. You can also use raw shrimp with the tails-off if you prefer. The ones with the tails on where larger at my store, so that’s why I chose them for this recipe.
You can use precooked shrimp for this recipe, you will only need to cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes to heat it up since it has already been cooked.
How to make Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi:
Let’s get started with how to make this easy shrimp scampi recipe.
First, in a large pot of boiling water cook angel hair (or spaghetti) pasta according to directions on the box. You could also serve this over rice or on top of zucchini noodles if you’re looking for a lower carb option.
Next, you’ll need to melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. After the butter is melted, add the shrimp, salt, pepper and the garlic salt.
Cook the shrimp, stirring occasionally until the shrimp turns pink. This doesn’t take long at all, usually about 2-4 minutes.
Then stir in the fresh lime juice and chicken broth. If desired you can use a white wine or water in place of the chicken broth. Bring this mixture to a simmer.
Next, stir in the fresh cilantro and the red pepper flakes. If you want a small kick, follow the recipe as is – but if you’re looking for a little more heat, feel free to add more! Lastly, toss the shrimp with cooked pasta and garnish with more cilantro and lime. Serve immediately.
Doesn’t this just look amazing? My kids go crazy over this fun twist of shrimp scampi. Give it a try today and come back and let us know how you like it. If you enjoy this recipe, give this easy Best Blackened Salmon Recipe a try.
How do I thicken my shrimp scampi sauce?
If you a prefer a thicker scampi sauce for your shrimp, all you need to do is stir in 1 tablespoon of cold butter into the warm broth mixture. Whisk the butter into the broth until it is fully melted. This will create a smooth and thick scampi that everyone will love!!
Here are a few more ideas that you can change up this recipe:
- Serve over our Spanish rice instead of pasta. You can also add in some sautéd peppers and onions.
- Mix in some Cheddar Cheese to add a cheesy flavor.
- Add diced jalapeños for a different kick.
Print your Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi recipe below:
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi recipe
- Ingredients you need:
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 lb shrimp (not frozen, needs to be thawed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or you can use water)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (you can use 1 tsp for more spice)
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- In a large pot of boiling water cook angel hair (or spaghetti) pasta according to directions. You could also serve this with rice if you wanted to.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper, garlic salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp turns pink. About 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and chicken broth (you can use water). Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Toss with angel hair pasta and garnish with more cilantro and lime. Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe