This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe comes together in just minutes for an amazing meal. Alfredo does not have to be complicated and this recipe is much better than anything store bought. Give this creamy and delicious shrimp alfredo a try.
Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
We love anything alfredo and recently wanted shrimp. I made this for our family in minutes and it was a huge hit! This Shrimp Alfredo is an easy weeknight meal. It is fast and filling and everyone loved it.
The shrimp was so delicious and the alfredo was creamy, cheesy and so amazing! We all were super impressed with how good this turned out. The creamy sauce is so good that we had to get the last drop on our plates.
This recipe was so easy to make from cooking the shrimp to the perfect alfredo sauce. I love that it was made at home with simple ingredients.
What to serve with Shrimp Linguini Alfredo
The alfredo sauce is simply amazing by itself. But we always like serving with a side to complete the meal. Here are some of our favorites:
- We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe and it is perfect for getting every last bit of that amazing sauce.
- We often serve a simple salad with this meal. It is quick and easy and goes great with shrimp alfredo.
- You could also try Roasted Green Beans or learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish.
We love to keep things simple around here so we can get dinner on the table fast.
How do you know if Shrimp is cooked?
Shrimp doesn’t take long to cook. We will on occasion buy the already cooked shrimp, which is already pink in color. If you purchase shrimp that is gray in color, then that means it is not cooked.
You will start this recipe by cooking the shrimp in a skillet. If you are using precooked then you are are basically heating the shrimp. If they are uncooked shrimp will take about 3-4 minutes per side to cook them in a saucepan over medium heat.
Be sure to watch your shrimp so they do not over cook. You want them to be pink and opaque.
Shrimp Alfredo Ingredients
- Frozen Precooked Shrimp, (peeled and deveined)
- Salt and Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley, optional
How to make Shrimp Alfredo:
- Add the shrimp with the seasonings and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Next, it’s time to add all of the delicious cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Combine together and let simmer.
- It is really that simple and you can top with more Parmesan cheese if you prefer before serving over cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- We like to add fresh parsley for a pop of color but it is optional.
How do you cook the perfect pasta?
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Make sure you add salt to the water so your pasta is well seasoned. I also will add some olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
- On the pasta box I always following the length of time for the al dente pasta. The pasta will come out firm, but tender.
Shrimp Preparation Tips:
- If we are using precooked shrimp, they are usually in the frozen section at the grocery store. To unthaw, simple place in a colander and let cool water over them until they are unthaw.
- I like to go ahead and remove the tails from the shrimp while they are thawing out.
- If you prepare your shrimp ahead of time, place thawed shrimp back in the refrigerator before adding to your pan to heat.
Shrimp Alfredo Tips:
- We love adding grated parmesan cheese to our shrimp alfredo. We recommend grating fresh parmesan cheese. We find that it melts better instead of buying the pre shredded cheese.
- My family loves garlic. So we tend to add an extra helping. If you prefer less, then add less. The shrimp alfredo will taste amazing either way.
- Don’t substitute heavy cream– We have experimented with other ingredients and found that it will be more watery if you do. Use heavy cream for this shrimp alfredo recipe.
Another tasty option is Shrimp Alfredo Penne.
We use fettuccine a lot but penne is another great pasta to try. In fact, we often just use what we have in the pantry or can get on sale at the grocery store.
The alfredo would be delicious with linguine, spaghetti noodles and even bow tie pasta.
Print this easy Shrimp Alfredo Sauce Recipe below:
Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- Saute the shrimp in the butter for 2 minutes in a pot over medium high heat.
- Season with salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Stir in the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for another 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp is heated through.
- Serve over cooked fettuccini and top with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe