Chicken alfredo is even better with this perfectly seasoned blackened chicken. Make blackened chickened alfredo recipe in under 30 minutes for a great dinner.
Blackened chicken alfredo recipe
Alfredo is the best comfort food and just so delicious. Anytime this is on the menu plan, everyone gets excited. I decided to try something new this week and make blackened chicken alfredo.
Blackened chicken is a little bit spicy but not so spicy that the kids can’t eat it. In fact, my children love this easy recipe.
It is the perfect blend of seasoning. We even make homemade blackened seasoning and it is so easy!
Give this a try and see why we all love it so much. It is a tasty change from plain chicken.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Blackening Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Fettuccine Pasta
- Minced Garlic
- heavy Whipping Cream
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to make blackened chicken alfredo
First, filet the chicken breasts. You want to have 4 pieces of chicken. Then you will want to make homemade blackened seasoning. You can use store bought blackening spices, but it is very easy to make it from scratch.
How to make blackened chicken seasoning
We used this easy homemade blackened seasoning with:
- Paprika or Smoked Paprika
- Coarse Garlic Salt
- Onion Granules
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
I like to put oil on both sides of the chicken.
Now, coat both sides of the chicken with the blackened seasoning. Make sure to get it all over. I even like to brush the seasoning on to the chicken to make sure I get them coated completely.
Next, heat your cast iron pan up over medium high heat. I prefer a cast iron skillet because it cooks so evenly. Add olive oil to the skillet.
Once the oil is hot, place the chicken breasts in the pan. Cook the chicken in the skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes per side until it is brown. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken.
After the chicken has cooked, place on a separate plate and cover with foil so that it will stay warm.
Go ahead and get your pasta ready. Just cook according to the package instructions. I suggest cooking al dente.
How to make homemade alfredo sauce
It is so easy to make this and you will never buy store bought alfredo again.
First, add the butter and garlic to the same pan that you cooked the pasta in.
If you want, you can add the butter and garlic to the skillet that you cooked the chicken in. This will give you a browner alfredo sauce, but it will taste amazing. The alfredo sauce will be spicier.
Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on low until the butter is melted. The garlic will start to smell amazing.
Second, whisk in the heavy whipping cream and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. You want the heavy cream to be heated all the way through.
Next, take the pan off the heat and add the parmesan cheese.
Finally, add the pasta and toss with the homemade Alfredo sauce.
The only thing left to do is add the chicken. I prefer to slice it and place on top of the noodles. You can dice it or do whatever you prefer.
Enjoy! It is best served right away.
Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Tips for blackened chicken alfredo:
- Al dente- Make sure that the pasta is cooked to al dente because it will continue to cook more once it’s added to the Alfredo sauce.
- Shrimp -Substitute blackened shrimp for chicken and you have another great meal idea.
- Pasta- Fettuccine pasta is delicious in this recipe but you can use other types as well. Angel hair, bowtie, or penne are also great options. Feel free to use what is in the pantry.
- Stop the pasta from cooking. Strain and rinse your fettuccine with cold water to prevent it from continuing to cook. That way you do not have over cooked pasta that falls apart.
- Prevent pasta from clumping together. If you’re not using the cooked fettuccine right away, toss it with a little melted butter or some olive oil. This will prevent it from sticking together and clumping.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan. Freshly grated Parmesan is a key ingredient to any successful homemade Alfredo Sauce.
Do not use the powdered or pre-shredded parmesan cheese. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is much more flavorful and melts into a creamier sauce.
What to serve with Blackened Chicken Recipe:
- Steamed Broccoli– We cook this in the microwave in minutes. It is a quick side dish for busy weeknights. My kids mix it together with the alfredo sauce and don’t even complain about veggies!
- Salad- You can’t go wrong with a simple side salad. It is always easy, quick and everyone enjoys. My favorite is Caesar Salad.
- Bread is a great option especially since this is a spicier dish. Everyone needs something to dip into that delicious alfredo sauce. We love garlic bread and dinner rolls.
Cajun chicken Alfredo Recipe
This is one of our favorite pasta dishes. Alfredo pasta is so creamy and delicious. It is the best comfort food.
From the parmesan cheese to the blackening seasoning, it is a great dinner. Your family will love it!
It is special enough for when you want to celebrate but but easy enough for busy weeknights. This recipe is a must try!
Print this blackened chicken with alfredo recipe:
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp Blackening Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 12 oz Fettuccine Pasta
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Filet the chicken breasts so that you have 4 pieces of chicken. Coat both sides of the chicken with the blackened seasoning.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Place the olive oil in the pan. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts to the pan. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side until each side is brown. Then transfer the chicken to a separate plate and cover with foil to keep it warm.
- Cook the pasta to al dente based on the package instructions. Strain the pasta.
- Then add the butter and garlic to the same pan that you cooked the pasta in and cook for 3-5 minutes on low heat until the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant. Then whisk in the heavy whipping cream. Cook while whisking for approximately 3-5 minutes until the cream is heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and then stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Toss the pasta with the homemade Alfredo sauce.
- Slice the chicken and serve it on top of the noodles with the Alfredo Sauce.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe